No announcement yet.

Adobe Audition

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Audition

Anybody record w/ this? I have been trying to use audition and cakewalk to track 2.5 hour shows for bands in town and both programs lock up after about 20 minutes. my computer is strictly setup and used for recording. i have a gig of ram and a p4 2.5 gig processor. i can't think of a reason this should be locking up. any help?

Are you running them at the same time? Are other (non-audio) programs locking up?

If they are locking up seperately and other programs aren't locking up, my guess would be the problems not with Audition or Sonar but with your audio drivers. Make sure they are updated
    www.NothingExpected.com
    www.AhdChild.com

Comment

no just one prog at a time. tracking 8 at a time. i'll update the driver and see what happens. thx.

Comment

I've used Audition to record 8 tracks for way over 20 minutes before without any problems. You aren't running out of HD space are you?

Dustin
        Anger fuels motion. Motion fuels momentum. Momentum fuels progress. Do something.

My current project
        Screams of Indulgence

My old band
        Obscur

Comment

I use Audition in a moving vehicle and leave it running for several hours at a time without problems.

Are you running XP or an earlier version of Windows? There is a maximum file size associated with FAT32 that can easily be reached with a long multitrack session.

Terry D.
          Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

I'm running XP with 50 gigs free on the harddrive. I will reinstall the driver on my 1010lt tonight and see if that helps. I doubt it will as it is the same version. could the actual card be crapin out on me? about 6 months ago i had a power surge that blew the box that this was in. i was able to recover the 1010lt and a few other pieces. i thought it was an all or nothing type of thing. since then i have been able to record up to 1.5 hour sets one day and no longer than 10 minutes a few nights later. i am baffled. i suppose i could grab another 1010lt and see if it works.

Comment

Everything was working before the power surge? It could be any of a bunch of problems then. Data could have been corrupted. That could be data belonging to the driver, windows, or Sonar or Audition. Hardware could have been messed up - the power supply or motherboard. I had a bad powersupply for about 3 months once before I finally figured out what was causing all my strange problems.

If its possible, you should restart witha fresh install of everything just to rule out software as the problem
              www.NothingExpected.com
              www.AhdChild.com

Comment

The machine i'm recording on now is just a few months old. I built it after the surge killed the old machine. the 1010 is the only old piece i'm using on the new machine.

Comment

i reloaded the driver last night and still hangs up. any idea other than replacing the 1010? btw thanks for y'alls help.

Comment

I would be suspicious of the 1010. Intermittent errors tend to be hardware related. It probably takes a little while to heat up before it fails due to a bad capacitor for example. Have you looked closely at the 1010 board? Look to see if there are any burn marks or leaking/bulging capacitors. The capacitors are inexpensive to replace if that's the problem and if you're good with a soldering iron, you can do it yourself.

I'm the BBC guy, BTW...
                    "Say hello to the rug's topography..."

Comment

Originally posted by ldizac
                      i reloaded the driver last night and still hangs up. any idea other than replacing the 1010? btw thanks for y'alls help.

Is this a laptop you're using?

If so, have you defeated all the power management software, including the CPU slowdown setting (if running on batteries)?

Terry D.
                      Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Nah its a rack unit desktop. The power functions are disabled, hibernate disabled, screensaver, auto update, auto time check, etc all disabled. Is it possible that the power surge only slighty screwed up the 1010lt, allowing it to function but to drop out intermittently?

Comment

Do you have another computer available to try the 1010 out in? Maybe its simply a hardware conflict of some sort and has nothing to do with the power surge
                          www.NothingExpected.com
                          www.AhdChild.com

Comment

Yeah i do have another. i'll try that this weekend and see what happens. i'll let you know. gracias.

Comment

ok folks finally had time last night to switch the card to another cpu and the sob ran for a little over an hour b4 i stopped it. what could be the conflict in my other box? motherboard? i will run it again tonight just to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X