X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home studio headphones?

Hey, first post, man there is a ton of good info here.

I'm looking to buy some good home studio headphones:

thinking about AKG k270studio,

anyone have any recommendations?

Well you cant mix accurately with headphones, so for laying down tracks just get anything that works in your budget.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Tim O'Brien</div>

Comment

I actually read on another board the exact opposite: that instead of buying all the monitors for a home studio you are better off getting one set of really good headphones

but I'm new to all of this

Comment

Im going to have to agree. A really good set of headphones would be more useful than a crap pair of monitors in a crap room. How much are you looking to spend? I love my Sennheiser HD280. When I first got them I listened to music for 3 hours without fatigue our soreness in the ears.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">***Passion in playing***</div>

Comment

Im going to have to agree. A really good set of headphones would be more useful than a crap pair of monitors in a crap room. How much are you looking to spend? I love my Sennheiser HD280. When I first got them I listened to music for 3 hours without fatigue our soreness in the ears.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">***Passion in playing***</div>

Comment

If you have a bad sounding room, your best bet would be to treat it.

Using headphones all the time seems like it would be a drag.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">-Chris Graff<br />
            <br />
            <a href="http://www.audioinstruction.com" target="_blank">Russ Long's Guide to Nashville Recording</a></div>

Comment

I love my Sennheiser HD580's, but I got them a while ago, not sure they're still made. It's hard to beat Sennheiser in the headphone market

'Phones are great to have to check a few things, But I personally feel you wouldn't want to rely 100% on them for both tracking and mixing.

Comment

those sennheiser's are about the price range I'm looking at,

the akg's I listed above are at $130

Comment

Originally posted by donger
                  Im going to have to agree. A really good set of headphones would be more useful than a crap pair of monitors in a crap room.
                  I disagree completely............ cans can only tell you so much, and they can easily fool you into thinking things sound better than they actually do....

Whad'ya Mean I Can't Mix With Headphones????
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>bruce valeriani - mix engineer<br />
                  <a href="http://www.bluebearsound.com/articles" target="_blank">recording articles</a><br />
                  <a href="http://www.bluebearsound.com" target="_blank">blue bear sound recording studios</a></b><br />
                  <br />
                  <i><font color="sienna">There are 2 components to Audio Engineering - <br />
                  The first is understanding signal flow... the second is <b>all </b>about what you hear...</font> </i></font></div>

Comment

Mixing with headphones is fine for non-critical type stuff like recording your own ideas or handing CD's to family and friends as gifts. For anything serious I'd say look to get monitors in the future.

The AKG K141 are a good choice if bleed isn't a huge issue (they're semi-open) as they sound good and don't fatigue.

War
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Warren Dent | Owner | <font color="Red"><a href="http://www.ZenProAudio.com" target="_blank">www.ZenProAudio.com</a></font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by cburgbacher
                      Hey, first post, man there is a ton of good info here.

I'm looking to buy some good home studio headphones:

thinking about AKG k270studio,

anyone have any recommendations?

K240 or K270... can't go wrong with either. I've used the K240s for about 20 years now. Tried em all and always came back to AKG.
                      "Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground."
                      ~John Lennon

Comment

I highly recommend the AKG K240 Studio in that price range. I got mine about 3 months ago, and I have been VERY pleased.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Snatch it back and hold it...&quot;</div>

Comment

Working...
                        X