Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange popping sound in garageband??....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange popping sound in garageband??....

when I plug my Peavey Vypyr into my Mac running usb into garage band. I think I've read about stuff like this before with other mac users before I got mine. any ideas?

I'm going to be picking up Logic in the next few days......hope I don't have problems with that. might be awhile until I can get a proper interface.
    Guitars,
    Ernie Ball JP6 and JP7
    RG 3120TW w/EMGs
    RG 570 w/EMGs
    Jackson Soloist and RR1 w/EMG
    Martin D28
    Koumaraska Classical

Amps,
    VHT Pittbull Ultralead
    Randall Iso cab and Marshall 1960
    Mesa DC3 Combo
    Marshall VS 8100
    Peavey Vypyr 75
    Crate acoustic amp

Pedals,
    TS9, NS2, DD20

www.soundclick.com/donnie71

It's very likely that you'll still hear the popping, even in Logic. It sounds like a hardware issue, rather than the software.

If your input device is causing the popping (which I would assume is the case), it's still going to be present in Logic, being as you're still using the same input device. I'd get a good interface before I bought Logic... and this is advice coming from a Logic user. Because regardless of how good your software is, the sound being inputted into it is what ultimately makes or breaks ones ability to "tweak" and create a good mix, whether it be in GarageBand or Logic.

Just my advice. Hope it helps.
    GEAR:
    My Ears

Comment

I cant even get my Vypyr to work in usb mode. A lot of people have issues with the usb port on them. I mic mine anyway, but it would be nice if it would work properly.
      I like Z Cars
      and Guitars

Comment

I'd get a good interface before I bought Logic.

I agree. If you're thinking about getting Logic, then you should already have Garage Band. Though it is a bit limited, if you have a good interface on the front end, you can still get some surprisingly good mixes out of Garage Band.

You can always upgrade your software later, but once audio is recorded through a sub-par interface, it can't be "upgraded." Good luck!
        Joe Gilder
        HomeStudioCorner.com

Comment

I see your point but I'm really wanting to get into logic asap and work through any curves.

I just finished a bunch recording and am doing a lot writing right now so it would be a perfect time to start learning logic. By the time I'm ready for some more serious recording I'll spring for a duet.
          Guitars,
          Ernie Ball JP6 and JP7
          RG 3120TW w/EMGs
          RG 570 w/EMGs
          Jackson Soloist and RR1 w/EMG
          Martin D28
          Koumaraska Classical

Amps,
          VHT Pittbull Ultralead
          Randall Iso cab and Marshall 1960
          Mesa DC3 Combo
          Marshall VS 8100