X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

So, I've been playing instruments for a few years now, and I'm finally getting to a creative stage where I'd really like to record some stuff, not in a band but just my own stuff that I can dub over so I can layer it with a bunch of different sounds and instruments. Cept I have no idea how. I don't really have any experience with recording or mixing, and I need a point in the right direction.

Does anyone know where I could find something like an intro guide to recording? or can anyone offer any advice? Thanks a ton!

Recording for dummies? (no offense intended)

Go to the local book store, they usually have at least one or two book on recording.

Comment

Here's a couple of websites to check out:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/

www.electronicmusician.com

And like the previous poster said, there are numerous books on this subject. I would avoid buying a used or older book on this subject, there have been big changes in the technology used for recording, even in the last 10 years. Practically everyone from amateur home recordists to large professional studios use computer-based hard disk digital recording. Tape in both analog and digital flavors, is all but dead.
      This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

Dude...start in one spot. I promise you if you get sucked into the quagmire of internet Recording opinions, you'll never get started.

Start with Tweak's site: http://www.tweakheadz.com/

Read through all of his "lessons" and then find answers to the specific questions you have.

Try and stick with one primary guide at first or you'll just get frustrated. Tweak is a good dude and understands how huge recording is. He breaks it down nicely.

Comment

Working...
        X