X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonar Step Sequencer Drum Maps Help

Hi All...

I hope someone hear can help me as I feel my head is getting sore from the wall I'm hitting it against.

I've tried posting this problem on the Cakewalk forums but haven't had any luck so far...

So... I'm using Sonar 8.5 with Superior Drummer 2... Nice combo, sounds great.

Now... The default drum map for Superior Drummer that comes pre loaded in Sonar has the full 127 entries. I just want to be able to have the core items I need when using the step sequencer for intial rough work I do.

K... So... I insert soft synth, yada yada... I go to the step sequencer and use the dialogue to select a drum map. If I choose the preset Superior Drummer 2 map that came with Sonar, it instantly assigns every row in the Step Sequencer to the corresponding item in SD2. Excellent.

Problem is... I made my own drum map with just the core items I wanted, about 20 entries or so. It seems identical in every way (port, channels, etc) to the original preset one. However, when I try and load this in the same way in Step Sequencer it doesn't auto assign every track for me.

I'm guessing I'm missing something simple, but I've had a good look myself, checked the cakewalk forums (who don't seem talkative at the moment) and haven't been able to work it out. I'm hoping someone here will have an idea.

***Pre post edit*** I managed to get it working somehow with my map. Unable to get it working a 2nd time though. Something odd is going on either with my process for setting it up or some config error.

I hope I've been clear enough with my issue. If not, I'll happily clarify if it will speed along a solution.

Thanks in adavance

Luke
    Guitars:
    Epi LP w/ Swineshead X-Bucker in bridge.
    Epi V
    Epi V (7-string)

Amp: JVM410c w/ JCM900 2x12 Celestion GT-75 cab

Effects: Digitech Whammy, Arion SAD-1, PROCO Rat.

Hmmm... I had another crack.

Starting from fresh. I...

1. Inserted Soft Synth
    2. Opened Superior Drummer 2, set to Full Kit (needed for all mappings)
    3. Opened step sequencer
    4. CLicked open a track, went to drum manager, loaded my drum map
    5. Some rows as "unmapped", not my layout in general
    6. *gets a bit hazy* closed Step Sequencer, re-opened and now all set as it shoudl be.

All seems a bit odd when teh default one works fine.

At least once it's all configured I can forget about it. Think I'll save it as a base track and open it for future project once configured to save messing around...
    Guitars:
    Epi LP w/ Swineshead X-Bucker in bridge.
    Epi V
    Epi V (7-string)

Amp: JVM410c w/ JCM900 2x12 Celestion GT-75 cab

Effects: Digitech Whammy, Arion SAD-1, PROCO Rat.

Comment

Working...
    X