Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB interface for guitar tracks.

looking around for an interface to record some guitar tracks and some vocals. My budget is 300$ probably less. Anyone have experience with the Maudio fast track or simliar?
    Good deals with - Jim Hunter, Hosebeast, Evoken13, ToonHallow

I'd go for the Presonus 22VSL (I've got the 44 and it's great) or the Focusrite 2i2. Both are pretty cheap, have dual inputs with XLR (phantom power), and can accept guitar directly.
    Court Jester of the Ibanez Wizards
    Mesa/Boogie Mob

Guitars:

Ibanez JS2000
    Ibanez RG421 w/ Dimarzio TZ+AN
    Ibanez SC420
    Fender MIM Strat with built-in Roland GK3
    Seagull S6

Rig:
    '94 Mesa DC-5 combo
    Palmer PDI-09
    L6 Echo Park
    Boss chorus
    Boss SD-1
    AmpKit+ for iPad
    Roland GI-20 MIDI converter

Comment

If you are looking just for guitar and vocals, yes. Focusrite 2i2 over maudio. Has cleaner preamps. I havent used a presonus, but I have several of their other units and they are consistently good quality.

Comment

If you dont have nearfield monitors and you only have $300,
        I'd go for a cheaper interface and get some monitors too.
        It doesnt matter how good the interface is if you dont have decent monitors to mix with
        and headphones are only good for tracking and checking stereo placement.

Lexicon sells one for around $50 thats pretty decent and it comes with Cubase.
        You'd have $250 left over for a pair of monitors.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/lexicon-alpha-usb-desktop-recording-studio

Comment

I have an older version of this. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tascam-us-144mkii-usb-2.0-4-channel-audio-midi-interface

It works good and also comes with Cubase. I recorded a whole album with mine and am working on a second.
          P E A C E

"A band that is not appearing is disappearing" -- Art Blakey

"If you can't play the blues you might as well hang it up" -- Dexter Gordon

http://myspace.com/boomboomdrumsYamaha Stage Custom Drum Kit (Marina Green)
          Ziljain, Paiste, Wuhan Cymbals
          1972 Slingerland wood Snare Drum
          KORG TR keyboard
          Cubase LE
          Tascam US-122 USB Interface
          George Steck Baby Grand Piano

Comment

I'd go for the Presonus 22VSL (I've got the 44 and it's great) or the Focusrite 2i2. Both are pretty cheap, have dual inputs with XLR (phantom power), and can accept guitar directly.

Polaris any weird noise or delay with your signal with those units from experience? Also im on a mac and read some really bad stuff about the M-Audio interface and macs. Will deff look into both units and I have some monitor and a pair of sennheiser monitor headphones ive had since college haha! thanks for all the replies guys really helpful!

Comment

Polaris any weird noise or delay with your signal with those units from experience? Also im on a mac and read some really bad stuff about the M-Audio interface and macs. Will deff look into both units and I have some monitor and a pair of sennheiser monitor headphones ive had since college haha! thanks for all the replies guys really helpful!

Nope, I've had the 44VSL since Christmas and used it quite a bit, with LDC mics, direct guitar (electric and acoustic), and the POD HD, and all of them work well with quiet operation. I'm really pleased with it. I actually want to still get the 2i2 to throw in my bag, so I don't have to tear up my desk when I go somewhere.
              Court Jester of the Ibanez Wizards
              Mesa/Boogie Mob

Guitars:

Ibanez JS2000
              Ibanez RG421 w/ Dimarzio TZ+AN
              Ibanez SC420
              Fender MIM Strat with built-in Roland GK3
              Seagull S6

Rig:
              '94 Mesa DC-5 combo
              Palmer PDI-09
              L6 Echo Park
              Boss chorus
              Boss SD-1
              AmpKit+ for iPad
              Roland GI-20 MIDI converter

Comment

Nope, I've had the 44VSL since Christmas and used it quite a bit, with LDC mics, direct guitar (electric and acoustic), and the POD HD, and all of them work well with quiet operation. I'm really pleased with it. I actually want to still get the 2i2 to throw in my bag, so I don't have to tear up my desk when I go somewhere.

Sweet man might just scoop that one up. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                X