X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB interface for guitar tracks.

looking around for an interface to record some guitar tracks and some vocals. My budget is 300$ probably less. Anyone have experience with the Maudio fast track or simliar?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Jim Hunter, Hosebeast, Evoken13, ToonHallow</div>

I'd go for the Presonus 22VSL (I've got the 44 and it's great) or the Focusrite 2i2. Both are pretty cheap, have dual inputs with XLR (phantom power), and can accept guitar directly.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="4"><font color="Red">Court Jester of the Ibanez Wizards</font></font><font size="3"><font color="Blue"><br />
    <b><i>Mesa/Boogie Mob</i></b></font></font><br />
    <br />
    Guitars:<br />
    <br />
    Ibanez JS2000<br />
    Ibanez RG421 w/ Dimarzio TZ+AN<br />
    Ibanez SC420<br />
    Fender MIM Strat with built-in Roland GK3<br />
    Seagull S6<br />
    <br />
    Rig:<br />
    '94 Mesa DC-5 combo<br />
    Palmer PDI-09<br />
    L6 Echo Park<br />
    Boss chorus<br />
    Boss SD-1<br />
    AmpKit+ for iPad<br />
    Roland GI-20 MIDI converter</div>

Comment

If you are looking just for guitar and vocals, yes. Focusrite 2i2 over maudio. Has cleaner preamps. I havent used a presonus, but I have several of their other units and they are consistently good quality.

Comment

If you dont have nearfield monitors and you only have $300,
        I'd go for a cheaper interface and get some monitors too.
        It doesnt matter how good the interface is if you dont have decent monitors to mix with
        and headphones are only good for tracking and checking stereo placement.

Lexicon sells one for around $50 thats pretty decent and it comes with Cubase.
        You'd have $250 left over for a pair of monitors.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/lexicon-alpha-usb-desktop-recording-studio

Comment

I have an older version of this. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tascam-us-144mkii-usb-2.0-4-channel-audio-midi-interface

It works good and also comes with Cubase. I recorded a whole album with mine and am working on a second.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="5">P E A C E</font></font></b><br />
          <br />
          <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1">&quot;A band that is not appearing is disappearing&quot;</font> -- </font><font size="1"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Art Blakey</font></b></font><br />
          <br />
          <font size="1">&quot;</font><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1">If you can't play the blues you might as well hang it up&quot;</font></font> -- <font size="1"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Dexter Gordon</font></font></b></font><br />
          <br />
          <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="2"><font color="Blue"><a href="http://myspace.com/boomboomdrums" target="_blank">http://myspace.com/boomboomdrums</a></font></font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1"><ul><li>Yamaha Stage Custom Drum Kit (Marina Green)</li>
          <li>Ziljain, Paiste, Wuhan Cymbals</li>
          <li>1972 Slingerland wood Snare Drum</li>
          <li>KORG TR keyboard</li>
          <li>Cubase LE</li>
          <li>Tascam US-122 USB Interface</li>
          <li>George Steck Baby Grand Piano</li>
          </ul></font></font></div>

Comment

I'd go for the Presonus 22VSL (I've got the 44 and it's great) or the Focusrite 2i2. Both are pretty cheap, have dual inputs with XLR (phantom power), and can accept guitar directly.

Polaris any weird noise or delay with your signal with those units from experience? Also im on a mac and read some really bad stuff about the M-Audio interface and macs. Will deff look into both units and I have some monitor and a pair of sennheiser monitor headphones ive had since college haha! thanks for all the replies guys really helpful!
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Jim Hunter, Hosebeast, Evoken13, ToonHallow</div>

Comment

Polaris any weird noise or delay with your signal with those units from experience? Also im on a mac and read some really bad stuff about the M-Audio interface and macs. Will deff look into both units and I have some monitor and a pair of sennheiser monitor headphones ive had since college haha! thanks for all the replies guys really helpful!

Nope, I've had the 44VSL since Christmas and used it quite a bit, with LDC mics, direct guitar (electric and acoustic), and the POD HD, and all of them work well with quiet operation. I'm really pleased with it. I actually want to still get the 2i2 to throw in my bag, so I don't have to tear up my desk when I go somewhere.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="4"><font color="Red">Court Jester of the Ibanez Wizards</font></font><font size="3"><font color="Blue"><br />
              <b><i>Mesa/Boogie Mob</i></b></font></font><br />
              <br />
              Guitars:<br />
              <br />
              Ibanez JS2000<br />
              Ibanez RG421 w/ Dimarzio TZ+AN<br />
              Ibanez SC420<br />
              Fender MIM Strat with built-in Roland GK3<br />
              Seagull S6<br />
              <br />
              Rig:<br />
              '94 Mesa DC-5 combo<br />
              Palmer PDI-09<br />
              L6 Echo Park<br />
              Boss chorus<br />
              Boss SD-1<br />
              AmpKit+ for iPad<br />
              Roland GI-20 MIDI converter</div>

Comment

Nope, I've had the 44VSL since Christmas and used it quite a bit, with LDC mics, direct guitar (electric and acoustic), and the POD HD, and all of them work well with quiet operation. I'm really pleased with it. I actually want to still get the 2i2 to throw in my bag, so I don't have to tear up my desk when I go somewhere.

Sweet man might just scoop that one up. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                X