No announcement yet.

Tape Flanging a (slight return)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape Flanging a (slight return)

this is the results of my exprimenting trying to re-create tape flanging by recording the section into a tape machine which has a vari-speed built in ,i then recorded it back into the daw with the speed altered very slightly .the effect is at 3.15.thats the only time it happens all the other flange and phase effects are cubase plugins. http://soundcloud.com/dedgehog/voodoo-chile-master the guitar was recorded through a Boss GX700 fx processor i used the speaker sims in the boss.
    Consternoon Aftable

Nice effect

How did you sync the tape and DAW playback? Or did you just line the waveforms up in the DAW afterwards?
    flip the phase

Comment

I feel like you should flange mooooore

Comment

I feel like you should flange mooooore

i know what you mean ,the one on the original hendrix track at the same place i said before once nearly knocked me over ,cause i was stood just in the right place for the stereo effect at the time , it would be actualy easier to do it the way they used to do it with two tape decks , messing about with an old 4 track cassette and a daw ?
        Consternoon Aftable

Comment

I would simply would send the guitar to a flanger efx bus,

I mean that's the 21th century,

okay okay, I still drive to the super market with my steam machine

Comment

I still drive to the super market with my steam machine
            you should take the car it`s much easier.
            Consternoon Aftable

Comment

hi gubu , yeh that was basicaly it i just lined the waveforms up, obviously the one that had been to tape i had tweeked with the vari speed a bit, i didn`t do it in real time cause there was no point i knew that only the speed need be altered on the tape machine so it took a few trial and errors , but i was pleasantly suprised with the result i could have persevered and got a more dramatic effect but i was quite happy , by the way it was a copy of the drum track that i flanged that was all and it only lasted a bar ,

O right, I thought it was the outro solo

What are you using for flange on the outro solo then?
              flip the phase

Comment

you should take the car it`s much easier.

I have no car, it's better for my karma,

this is my last visit on this planet, my sentence is over in a few years

Comment

O right, I thought it was the outro solo

What are you using for flange on the outro solo then?
                  sorry, i don`t know ,i just went to have a look and i used a pre set from the phaser plugin which was probably first on the list ,i use cubase 6.5 if that helps.
                  Consternoon Aftable

Comment

Working...
                  X