• Show
Clear All

• Cubase 7 is coming.

December 5th.

It looks pretty sweet in my opinion.

Cubase 7

Nuendo 6 is also coming.
    www.nerolstudio.com

yeh , looks good lots of new toys ,some great new features , i suspected they might put in the match eq to any recorded material feature,it looks like it works like izotope ozone ,instead i hoped it would work like har bal .
    Consternoon Aftable

Comment

Well, lets see if they get the window docking straigntened out this time...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by pdiddy
        View Post

Well, lets see if they get the window docking straigntened out this time...

I'm using a mac, pray tell what is the problem?
        www.nerolstudio.com

Comment

Just the way project window can resize itself after you've maximized it. However there is a workaround and I have become comfortable with it and its not really a big issue for me anymore. Brought it up just because it was something Steinberg keeps brushing off claiming it would require a whole re-write of the GUI. Well, they've had umpti-leven years to do this now...

Anyway, I'd rather keep this positive. I'm looking forward to it and will probably make the leap from 6.5 after the first update or earlier depending on the initial feedback on the Steingberg site.

The most interesting thing about this topic is the lack of response after a couple days - where has everyone gone??? Gearslutz?

Comment

Naw this forum is just not that busy, and I doubt there are that many cubendo users.

I thought you had to not maximise the window for cubase on a PC as that was the only way to stretch it across 2 screens?
            www.nerolstudio.com

Comment

Yes, that is the workaround - not maxing any windows but manually stretching them to the size you want. Over at Steinberg.net there is already a 2 page topic going on this on the new Cubase 7 forum if you want to investigate further. I'm a single screen PC user so not familiar with those issues.

Comment

Any news on upgrade pricing yet?

I suppose I could just go to the Cubase forum, but this one needs some traffic.

This place has been pretty dead.
                My RigMy avatar-

Comment

As far as I know it will be $150 to go from 5/6.

That's what people are saying.
                  www.nerolstudio.com

Comment

Just saw this on the Cubase forum.

"Hi there,

just to clarify it again:

Cubase 7 will not run on Windows XP!

There won't be a work-a-round as far as I know.

The description I have got is simple: Windows XP has not the capability of thread- and kernel- handling Cubase 7 would need. Modern hardware/ multicore systems perform much better on Windows 7 or Windows 8, instead of Windows XP.

Cheers,

Marcus"

Damn... Now I will have to seriously consider upgrading my OS from XP to W7.
                    My RigMy avatar-

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by skibob
                      View Post

Just saw this on the Cubase forum.

"Hi there,

just to clarify it again:

Cubase 7 will not run on Windows XP!

There won't be a work-a-round as far as I know.

The description I have got is simple: Windows XP has not the capability of thread- and kernel- handling Cubase 7 would need. Modern hardware/ multicore systems perform much better on Windows 7 or Windows 8, instead of Windows XP.

Cheers,

Marcus"

Damn... Now I will have to seriously consider upgrading my OS from XP to W7.

yeh that pissed me off when i realised .at the moment i am running cubase 6.5 on xp and it runs like a dream and i have taken that particular pc offline so i never install the latest updates or anything ,it is basically suspended in a state of no problems bliss ,the only thing i worry about is hard drive failure . i don`t use every feature on cubase 6.5 so i don`t know if it is 100% compatable with xp, the only thing i know which dosn`t work is when i try launch cubase 6.5 by clicking on a cpr file ,it won`t do that .i do have windows 7 but i don`t have it installed on anything at the moment cause i found it to be more problematic than xp due to some of the programs i run.
                      Consternoon Aftable

Comment

basically cubase 7 is just full of new toys ,when it boils down to it all you need is a recorder anything else is just a means to make you sound better than you really are . anybody with any musical skill should be able to make fantastic recordings even with cubase sx2.
                        Consternoon Aftable

Comment

the guys at steinberg preparing for xmas .

Consternoon Aftable

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by catscurlyear
                            View Post

the guys at steinberg preparing for xmas .

Yes... I'm sure on Dec 6 the Cubase forums will be on fire with people complaining about all the bugs, missing features, and unrealized dreams of what they thought it would be. The torches and pitchforks will be out and cries for management to step down/be burned at the stake will fill the air. People threatening to move to Pro-Tools, roll back to 6.5, and/or murder/suicide will be the norm.

In short... Just another Cubase X.0 release party.
                            My RigMy avatar-

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by skibob
                              View Post

Yes... I'm sure on Dec 6 the Cubase forums will be on fire with people complaining about all the bugs, missing features, and unrealized dreams of what they thought it would be. The torches and pitchforks will be out and cries for management to step down/be burned at the stake will fill the air. People threatening to move to Pro-Tools, roll back to 6.5, and/or murder/suicide will be the norm.

In short... Just another Cubase X.0 release party.

i think the majority of the people on the cubase forum latest versions ,just look for bugs and don`t really use the program like any normal human being ,i suppose it helps steinberg sort the bugs out , so i suppose they just put up with a lot of crap from the idiots. it is funny to witness though .
                              Consternoon Aftable

Comment

Working...
                              X