X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what effect?

are the vocals double tracked and panned, or quick delay, or something else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vkAuhkLljY

Quick delay. I say this because I didnt hear any phasing or modulation on longer-held notes typically associated with other forms of delay ( flange, chorus) The harmony track was merged in. But I didnt hear any panning- it was all up the middle.

Comment

paraphrased notes from 'recording the beatles':

recorded 11 Feb 1968 in studio 3 Abbey Road

John used a AKG D19c mic for guide vocal and a Neuman U48 for overdubs.

the song was actually knocked off and mixed in a single session, altho some tracks included 10 takes

they recorded the main vocals on track 4, mixing the original in mono on a 4 track machine

John later double-tracked some vocals on track 3

some artificial effects were used less , including less ADT (auto dbl tracking effect) and more manual double tracking of vocals. If ADT was used, the original vocal was pannned hard left and a delayed ADT hard right in the stereo mixes. Since 8 track appeared starting in May 1968, just before the White Album, ADT could not be used with that system.

no mention in the notes of other effect use.
      Maarkr HW: Privia Pro PX-5S, Casio XW-P1, Juno-G, Lucina... Epiphone Les Paul, Schecter Hellraiser C-1, Peavey Valve King 112, Mesa Boogie 2x12, Ovation Celebrity, Ibanez Gio Bass... Alesis D5 EDrums, Yamaha HS-80s w sub, Saffire Pro 24 thru Mackie Big Knob; Live: Behringer B315D, Peavey PV118D, Roland KC550, Zoom R-16...etc. SW: Reason 6, Sonar X3, Reaper, Acid Pro, IKMultimedia , UAD1...

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X