Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting this forum because I just ran into a problem with my Zoom MRS 1608

Hey, folks ~ I usually hang on the amp forum, but I ran into a problem working on a home recording project, and I'm hoping this forum can help me out.

I'm using a Zoom MRS 1608, and I haven't had any problems in the years that I've owned it till now. On one of my 17 or so projects, I can't seem to get any signal from the inputs.

The inputs still work fine on all the other projects, so it's not a hardware issue, I don't think. I'm guessing that I've inadvertently tripped some weird setting that's blocking the inputs just on that one project, maybe? Or I dunno ~ can a project run out of memory, even when there's lots of space still left on the hard disk?

Any help troubleshooting this would be GREATLY appreciated, y'all ~ thanks!

Chris
    Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
    Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
    TUNES!

NEVERMIND! Figured it out.

For some reason, the 8-track recording level knob affects input 1, even when the unit is not set up for 8 track recording.

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
    Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
    TUNES!

Comment

• WRGKMC
      WRGKMC commented
      Editing a comment

Since its a hardware based unit, I really havent got a clue without reading the manual

or messing with it hands on. It must be the file is either corrupted or improperly routed.

What I'd try and do is get the wave files off it onto a DAW and work with it there. Stand alone units

do have memory cards for file storage and its not all that hard to corrupt the data there

especially when the memory gets low. It may be starting to run out of space and overwriting

older projects. Good lesson is to keep a good 50% free memory space so theres plenty of

room for all the extra stuff like settings that get saved. In a DAW I rarely run my recording drive

over 25%. I can but I find the drive is much more efficiant when I finish my old work before beginning new

then backup the old work, clean the drive up and defrag. The difference in speed between a clean drive and

dirty one can make a really big difference with all kinds of problems including lost data. In your case, I'd

attempt to reroute the connections if its at all possible. Otherwise get the corrupted file off the drive before

its issues spread to other projects. Keeping the unit on a good surge protector isnt a bad idea either.

External voltage spikes, static electricity (especially in the winter) can wipe data out.  

Working...
X