Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum leap piano latency problem

hope I'm on the right forum for this query. I'm having a lot of frustration with the latency playing my keyboard through this vst. I purchased it over 4 years ago. Over the years I've gone through considerable systems upgrades. It performs fine when using existing midi files but when playing my keyboard through it the latency is unworkable even in the lite modes.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit, 16GB ram DDR3, sata 3 motherboard, All my programs run from a Samsung SSD. My most recent upgrade that I installed today is Sandisk extreme SSD that I am now running all my samples from but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Could anyone tell me where I might be going wrong please?

I should probably mention my sound card. It's an E-MU 1212M

tell what digital audio production software you run the quantum piano on,

and how many MIDI channels are actively receiving

I also use the Play Engine, standalone as well as VSTi

Comment

Could anyone tell me where I might be going wrong please?

first to check is your digital audio production software receives only on one MIDi channel - if it receives all 16 channels at once, then the MIDi protocol work down all channel in serial mode, and you end up with large latency

turn off 15 MIDI channels

Comment

• Djok76
        Djok76 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Rudolf
        I'm using it with cubase 6 but I'm having the problem using play as stand alone as well. The midi channel was set to omni. I tried changing it to 1 but no improvement unfortunately.

fixed

Preferences > MIIDI > Default > Apply

and all works

Comment

• Djok76
        Djok76 commented
        Editing a comment
        I having difficulty finding 'preferences'. Is it in control panel?

Working...
    X