Best Drum Software?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No - I use it in Sonar.

Comment

do you use the piano roll to program, or is there an easier way?
      '94 Strat > BYOC Wah > BYOC Tri-Boost > KOT > Zendrive > Tim > Mini Bi-Comp > EBVP JR. > DD-20 > DRRI w/Cannabis Rex
      The Emerald Tablet

Comment

I usually use a keyboard (kick on C, snare D etc) in step record mode.

Comment

i feel like that would take forever. here's what I made in 10 minutes with the piano roll:

http://soundclick.com/juggernautklang
          '94 Strat > BYOC Wah > BYOC Tri-Boost > KOT > Zendrive > Tim > Mini Bi-Comp > EBVP JR. > DD-20 > DRRI w/Cannabis Rex
          The Emerald Tablet

Comment

If that works for you, then great!

Comment

I use Battery 2 or Reason 4.

I kinda want to upgrade to Battery (and Kontakt) 2, but like to give NI a bit of time for updates first.
              -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

I've said this before but **************** Musicians Friend in their stupid ****************ing faces.

Originally Posted by rickenvox

Realizing Ringo's talent is just a litmus test to identify musical idiots

Originally Posted by PFB

Ringo may have been the weakest link of the Beatles, but that's like being the worst president on Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

Thanks very much for all the responses...lots of useful information here. What I want to ask now is....what is/are the cost(s) of these programs?, and, more to the point, which one(s) are free?
                Nobody carries the Dog Boy...

Comment

EZDrummer in particular looks perfect for what I want to do. However, I am a little confused as to which is the latest version of the software. Can you all educate me a little more on this particular product, any and all expansions, and where I might get a good deal if/when I want to purchase it? Thanks in advance for all responses.

By the way, I am using SONAR....does this software integrate easily with it?....even a "crusty" old version of the software?,(2.2...*embarassed grin*)

Comment

Bump...

Comment

Check out Addictive Drums. EZ Drummer isn't bad at all. I love it personally. Addictive Drums, to me, has more potential as a learning tool, an expandable and tweakable sound pallate. I've heard amazing stuff done with Addictive Drums on the Andy Sneap forums.
                      Good Deals: Uberscha11 Jim Hunter gy9505 Effectsiation jmiller475 KjStrat62 orwellguitar johnmac99
                      Totally not a fan of ElectricDreams

Currently Rockin:
                      '95 MusicMan Silo w/Floyd, Gibson Iommi(B)/Dimarzio Air Norton(N)
                      Ibanez S520EX DiMarzio ToneZone (B)/Agile HB(N)
                      '06 VHT PittBull 45
                      Dunlop 535Q, DOD FX-17, MXR DynaComp, EHX Worm, Ibanez FL-9, EHX SMM/H

Comment

I'm currently using Battery 3, gives you a lot of freedom should you ever want to create your own samples and comes with a good deal of good sounds setups. I do all the drums on a piano roll, and since drums are all patterns anyway its mostly just cut and paste with a few changes here and there to make it sound more natural.
                        vBulletin4Life
                        Local Business Owner and Cat Enthusiast

Comment

I was having trouble programming battery inside Sonar, anyone else?

You have to add Battery as a Soft Synth ( hit alt-f8 to bring up the control window). Click the drop down, go under Softh Synths and click Battery 3.

Then you route the Output of a midi track to the Battery track that should have been added to the main track view. To edit the Battery settings you bring up the Soft Synth Window again and Double click on the Battery track.

If you've done all that and still doesn't work, I'm not sure.
                          vBulletin4Life

Comment

Check out Addictive Drums. EZ Drummer isn't bad at all. I love it personally. Addictive Drums, to me, has more potential as a learning tool, an expandable and tweakable sound pallate. I've heard amazing stuff done with Addictive Drums on the Andy Sneap forums.

Sounds good....I will check this one out. By the way...never heard of Andy Sneap. Who is he?

Comment

I downloaded and tried out the Addictive Drums demo from XLN audio. It installed ok, and I could get the program up "visually" in my version of SONAR, but couldn't get any audio going I have the sinking feeling that it would/will be that way with any drum program I try to install with my ancient version of SONAR. Looks like I am going to have to upgrade SONAR, and I am not sure if my computer will have enough CPU power or RAM to handle the newer versions of this software package.
                              I could be looking at a complete DAW upgrade before I can even think about getting these cool drum programs up and running. Any of you guys out there have experience with upgrade paths and problems, and any possible solutions,(cost effective) to my problem?

Comment

I downloaded and tried out the Addictive Drums demo from XLN audio. It installed ok, and I could get the program up "visually" in my version of SONAR, but couldn't get any audio going I have the sinking feeling that it would/will be that way with any drum program I try to install with my ancient version of SONAR. Looks like I am going to have to upgrade SONAR, and I am not sure if my computer will have enough CPU power or RAM to handle the newer versions of this software package.
                                I could be looking at a complete DAW upgrade before I can even think about getting these cool drum programs up and running. Any of you guys out there have experience with upgrade paths and problems, and any possible solutions,(cost effective) to my problem?

Well, the new versions of Sonar (Sonar 6 and Sonar 7) come with virtual drum software and drums samples. So if you were to upgrade (legally) you would possibly not need to buy third party drum software.
                                vBulletin4Life

Comment

Working...
                                X