No announcement yet.

Best Drum Software?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Drum Software?

Ok guys....I have heard good things about Spectrasonics RMX. What about some other choices?.....what are the good drum and percussion software packages out there? I would be using it in conjunction with SONAR. Any recommendations?(Nothing too expensive please..)
    Nobody carries the Dog Boy...

naturalstudio has a prettydarn good free library, you could trigger it via Sonar's sequencing.
    Tauntr.com - Adding Insult to Everything!Neck Pocket Cavern Surveyor for the Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You club!"In all fairness, Les Pauls have a switch position labeled "Rhythm", while Strats do not, because they are lead guitars for lead guitarists." -Flatspotter

Comment

Ok guys....I have heard good things about Spectrasonics RMX. What about some other choices?.....what are the good drum and percussion software packages out there? I would be using it in conjunction with SONAR. Any recommendations?(Nothing too expensive please..)

I use EZ drummer. I love it. Works very well in Sonar. Gary
      Budman Rocks

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys....how do these programs compare with Spectrasonics RMX?,(in particular...the "chaos" element of that program appeals to me....almost like the software "improvises").

Comment

Guru has replaced EZ as my first choice of drums

so many options, patterns, kits . . .
          an expert on what it feels like to be me
          & you are who you google
          http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1

Comment

Where do I find "naturalstudio" and "guru"? I definitely want something with high quality "natural" sounding drums....not canned or "electronic" sounding. I also need a program which works on its own....separate from SONAR. At least, I think so because I am looking for something very intuitive and easy for guys like me who basically don't know much about drumming. In other words, a program that does as much of the "work" for you as possible!

Comment

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=4

Download the demo there - check it for yourself

peace
              an expert on what it feels like to be me
              & you are who you google
              http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1

Comment

what about ezDrummer--that program was a godsend for me.
                I'm a winner

Comment

Where do I find "naturalstudio" :

A clever lad just might google "naturalstudio." It's the first hit.
                  Tauntr.com - Adding Insult to Everything!Neck Pocket Cavern Surveyor for the Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You club!"In all fairness, Les Pauls have a switch position labeled "Rhythm", while Strats do not, because they are lead guitars for lead guitarists." -Flatspotter

Comment

I was always a big fan of leafDrums, but you can't use it from inside Sonar.
                    Although it's probablly not what you are looking for, as is does absolutely none of the work for you, it is fairly intuitive and flexible as far as importing and editing drum sounds, as well as timing and tempo changes, etc.

Comment

Check out EZ Drummer. Sounds great and like the name says, easy!

Comment

Battery 3 is about $100 on Zzounds, and has a high quality collection of samples, and makes natural sounding drums. It has humanizing features, and allows for multiple samples per drum hit to allow for a variety of sounds when a drum is hit (also for when the drum is hit softer or harder, it's actually a different sound altogether).

The most realistic and easy to use drumming software I've ever used. Comes as a VST

Comment

Trent Reznor uses Battery 3

Comment

Trent Reznor uses Battery 3

nuff said.

Comment

I was having trouble programming battery inside Sonar, anyone else?
                              '94 Strat > BYOC Wah > BYOC Tri-Boost > KOT > Zendrive > Tim > Mini Bi-Comp > EBVP JR. > DD-20 > DRRI w/Cannabis Rex
                              The Emerald Tablet

Comment

Working...
                              X