X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd duplication software

Hello everyone, I'm trying to find some software that would allow me to duplicate CDs from my redbook master. My plan is the manufacture my own CD at home instead of sending it off to some company. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Any software can do that. Nero is my preference, but Roxio, etc are all capable of doing what you ask. You're basically burning to multiple burners, right? Well, get as many as your PC can handle (most software can do 4 at once) and off you go. Don't forget to factor in a printer that can print on your CD-Rs and of course lovely expensive ink. You'll have to go easy on your designs so as to not nail your printer ink.

Although I would say the times I have researched this it has always shown to be far cheaper and simpler to send it off to "some company" to have it done than spend weeks producing them yourselves. Most of these dupe companies can do you 100 or so disks with print, packaging and cards for less than you can on your home gear. And it'll look better!

Also, you can always tell the professional companies. They will offer to send you free proofs so you can give it the thumbs up, make sure everything is in place and generally work with you.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas</b><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">Good transactions:<br />
    StevePage (b)<br />
    Deadeye Dom (s)<br />
    Maiden_Fan (s)<br />
    metareal (s)<br />
    YourGuitarHero (b)<br />
    Ratae Coritanorum (b)<br />
    ¤ Matt ¤ (s)</font></div>

Comment

I use Nero because it supports multiple CD burners.

I can burn 3 CD's at once on my computer using $50 DVD/CD burners and that makes short run CD duplication a breeze.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Mark <br />
      &quot;Do that again....Open your mouth and make your face disappear&quot;..</div>

Comment

I've been using Roxio's toast. I love it, I wish Roxio's easy cd creator was as good and easy to use.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.nerolstudio.com" target="_blank">www.nerolstudio.com</a></div>

Comment

Any software can do that. Nero is my preference, but Roxio, etc are all capable of doing what you ask. You're basically burning to multiple burners, right? Well, get as many as your PC can handle (most software can do 4 at once) and off you go. Don't forget to factor in a printer that can print on your CD-Rs and of course lovely expensive ink. You'll have to go easy on your designs so as to not nail your printer ink.

Although I would say the times I have researched this it has always shown to be far cheaper and simpler to send it off to "some company" to have it done than spend weeks producing them yourselves. Most of these dupe companies can do you 100 or so disks with print, packaging and cards for less than you can on your home gear. And it'll look better!

Also, you can always tell the professional companies. They will offer to send you free proofs so you can give it the thumbs up, make sure everything is in place and generally work with you.

That lovely expensive ink and a POS Epson printer (the only consumer printer company to make CD printers, last time I checked -- but things change, you might want to check current offerings) to put it in will kill whatever you thought you were saving.

I was foolish enough to get an Epson R200 with a CD printing tray. It was AGONY. When it worked. (I had to essentially rip a strip of plastic off it to get it to work semi-reliably. As it was designed and shipped, it worked about 1 out of 3 tries.) And EVEN if you set the Epson to only use black ink and even if your disk graphics were B&W or grayscale only -- it still sucked down more color ink than black -- AND it refused to print if even one cartridge was low. Not out. Low. And guess how much a set of Epson ink is? About $100. Which you will go through like that. [They actually lost a class-action suit about the way they victimized their customers with these printers and ink.] (If you do somehow get suckered into one, you may be able to find refilled aftermarket 3rd party inks. They're about 1/4 the price of the Epson stuff but it's still really expensive because they're so small.)

Do yourself a favor. Avoid Epson printers like the plague they are.

I would use a felt tipped permanent ink marker (make sure it's CD-R safe) before I would ever consider dropping another penny on anything from Epson.

I'm with Satannica -- you're probably better off saving the hassle and wear and tear by going with a short run house. I've seen prices as low as a couple bucks with inserts and disk printing in lots of a 100 or more. (That's a very competitive price. You might have to shop hard to find that at any given time. Special prices come and go as dupe houses have slow and busy periods.)

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

The chorus seems a little weak... I think it needs more lasers.

Comment

(If you do somehow get suckered into one, you may be able to find refilled aftermarket 3rd party inks. They're about 1/4 the price of the Epson stuff but it's still really expensive because they're so small.)

Do yourself a favor. Avoid Epson printers like the plague they are.

I would use a felt tipped permanent ink marker (make sure it's CD-R safe) before I would ever consider dropping another penny on anything from Epson.

I'm with Satannica -- you're probably better off saving the hassle and wear and tear by going with a short run house. I've seen prices as low as a couple bucks with inserts and disk printing in lots of a 100 or more. (That's a very competitive price. You might have to shop hard to find that at any given time. Special prices come and go as dupe houses have slow and busy periods.)

I agree with your evaluation of the Epson printer...major suckage.

What I have found works great for short run CD's is to use clear vinyl labels and put them on white printable CD's.

They print nicely on an ink jet printer and look very nice...not like a typical stick on label...at all. The labels are very thin and need to be handled with care, but it's a great inexpensive way to make full color short run CD's look professional.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Mark <br />
            &quot;Do that again....Open your mouth and make your face disappear&quot;..</div>

Comment

I own a Bravo II becasue I have needed to do various short run projects that need a fast turn around a a pro look. Talk about trying to screw folks on ink-- they have a bar-code reader that will make sure that you don't use a lexmark 26 instead of their more expensive but otherwise identical branded cartridge.

The next time I have a serious project, I am going to hack in a continuous inking system.

In terms of time and price, you really can't compete with the internet folks-- unless you need a turn around of faster than a week for an order of less than 50, then you can't beat the internet duplicator folks for printing.

But none of that has anything to do with the op.

To the op:

I use Nero; it works. Install as little of the program as you can get away with, though as IIRC it has some nasty additions that were pretty bad.

If you are wanting to print, I really like rubber stamps and waterproof ink: it is fast and looks cool and you can get rearrangeable letters and clip art at a crafts store.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">My Business: <a href="http://lubbock-media.com" target="_blank">Media Production in the Texas Hill Country</a></div>

Comment

I use the Bravo II as well. For a small automated cd or dvd printing and duping system it's hard to beat.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Tom Waltz<br />
                High Quality - Affordable Online Mastering <br />
                <a href="http://www.waltzmastering.com" target="_blank">www.waltzmastering.com</a><br />
                <a href="mailto:waltzmastering@gmail.com">waltzmaster ing@gmail.com</a></div>

Comment

I agree with your evaluation of the Epson printer...major suckage.

What I have found works great for short run CD's is to use clear vinyl labels and put them on white printable CD's.

They print nicely on an ink jet printer and look very nice...not like a typical stick on label...at all. The labels are very thin and need to be handled with care, but it's a great inexpensive way to make full color short run CD's look professional.

LOL

I have an R285 sat upstairs. It's never not worked, but the printer ink is rediculous. I got 30 disks printed on one set once! I mean, not an over extended design... all black ink, about 10% coverage with just some text and a b&w logo. I ended up buying aftermarket inks. The printer wouldn't take them. Followed umpteen guides on the net about forcing the printer to take them which it finally did and rewarded me with a bad ink leak all over the printer.

The printer still prints fine despite looking messy. Not surprsingly though, it's out of ink and I'm not spending
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas</b><br />
                  <br />
                  <font size="1">Good transactions:<br />
                  StevePage (b)<br />
                  Deadeye Dom (s)<br />
                  Maiden_Fan (s)<br />
                  metareal (s)<br />
                  YourGuitarHero (b)<br />
                  Ratae Coritanorum (b)<br />
                  ¤ Matt ¤ (s)</font></div>

Comment

you can try nero, burnaware, cd duplication master, free disk burner, bombono dvd, dvd author plus

Comment

Working...
                    X