Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Based Predictive Dialers

I figured there would be some smart guy that knew this stuff here

I know nothing of this stuff

I'm going to start a telemarketing operation at my new job. One of my ideas. I'm not ready to do it yet, but I'm sure volume will demand this. How does it work? I'm only in need of 1 person, initially. I was looking at a web based service and the cost per connected call was way out of what I want to spend. $.12 a call. Come on. Please, if anyone knows anything about it, let me know

Web Based? Why Web Based? It isn't very reliable and its got many quality issues you have to deal with. Fax doesn't work well on internet either. I'm actually in a manufacturers training class this week and we discussed the limitations of the technology this week.  Most companies do better using land lines and that's where all the competitive deals are.

I wouldn't even contemplate using a weak internet based technology. Too many servers and connections to deal with and slow internet connections would be a nightmare. If you only call big cities where they have fiber optics it might not be bad but the voice quality of connecting to land lines in rural areas is another matter. You'd want a quality voice on the line talking to customers when  you're telemarketing and I just don't see a weak voice on the line getting the job done.

If you're talking about robo calling then that's a different deal. You may do better on something interbased, but targeting you're telemarketing blind and returns are low.  If you have the phone numbers to target your industry then why wastes the chance making a sale pissing people off with a robot. I'm not a huge fan of  telemarketing so I may not be the best to give advice. Most businesses hire people who research their market and do not waste the chance of building a business on random sales calls. The people are highly trained in their industry and know how to find the decision makers. If you don't take the time to train and dig deep into your target market then any kind of telemarketing these days is like pissing into the wind and you should fail for lack of investigating the options. Its highly competitive and people just don't react well to being called on their phones any more.

Comment

Stonedtone wrote:

So you're heading up this idea for your company and you have no idea what you're doing? And this is the resource you have chosen for your education...Harmony Central recording forum and OJ.? Sounds like your company has made a big mistake.

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment

Miss Flannery wrote:

Stonedtone wrote:

So you're heading up this idea for your company and you have no idea what you're doing? And this is the resource you have chosen for your education...Harmony Central recording forum and OJ.? Sounds like your company has made a big mistake.

The forum rules states you must be friendly and positive, show good manners, make compliments no matter what the scalawags post in the forum.

Or are you Frank Zappa?

Working...
    X