X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samplitude Music studio 2013?

Hello all,

I've done quite a bit of recording and editing in the old Samplitude 8 (was a hacked copy). Along side of Samplitude, I built drum tracks in FL Studio. Now, 3 computers later, I exclusively use FL Studio. I've exported what I could figure out/deal with and left the remainder of Smaplitude projects for dead.

Enter Samplitude Music studio 2013. I downloaded the trial and opened a few of my old projects. Everything is the same as it was; same old familiar interface. 

I'm thinking about purchasing, but I've read elsewhere that Samplitude Music studio 2013 is on the same level as Garage Band. If all I'm getting is the German version of Garage Band, I'd rather pass - since I'm already well invested into FL Studio. Although, FL Studio is still not the best recording solution. Samplitude has been pretty awesome (at least version 8 that I've used).

Any thoughts on Samplitude?

I don't need it, but it is sure easier to work with and a nice compliment to FL Studio. But if I'm just buying Garage Band under a different name, I'd rather pass.

I've never used it myself. As the Name of the product implies its probably good for someone who builds compositions from samples. Most of my work is with live instruments so I have no need of it. I haven't heard of it being anything like Garage band which is a Mac Only Program. Most DAW programs have similarities and copy each others GUI's. Many of the plugins in DAWs use the same algorithms to manipulate the digital files so other than the GUI's being different, there isn't allot of difference going on in any of them.

Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors of the technology. If the product is lame you'll hear it with your ears and discover it quickly working with its tools. Just because something looks pretty doesn't make it a good product any more does a primitive GUI make it a lame one. Sonar for example kept many parts of its primitive GUI dating back to early Cakewalk versions. I use the product because it works well. The old versions worked well and its new versions work well. They've added extra gizmos and plugins but its basically the same thing.

Comment

• cascade
      cascade commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks WRGKMC

Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors of the technology. If the product is lame you'll hear it with your ears and discover it quickly working with its tools.

I often base purchasing decisions from reviews online. Samplitude seems to have a small following, and little online anything. What I do know, is that moving Samplitude projects to FL Studio does change them; maybe not for the ultimate worst, but FL Studio requires more time than Samplitude and results in Samplitude sound better, quicker.

Maybe I'll just have to buy it. I used Samplitude 8 for years, for free. It's completely justified and I think it's a great tool. I'm just not in this professionally; I work on music every week, not every day.

Working...
X