Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• live recording of full band

Hello, I am in need of a multi track recorder with enough inputs to record a full band live at once, at least 12. I have been looking at the Alesis HD24 units on ebay. The prices are really coming down on these. I have an M-Audio Fast Track ultra 8R now and was hoping I could get another to combine for 16 tracks and use a lap top, but from what I've been reading this is not possible. Does anyone know of any another rack mountable recorders with at least 12-16 inputs? Thanks for your time, Doug.

If you're doing live recordings my best suggestion is get one of those new digital mixers. Something like the Alesis needs to be wired into a mixer to record, and again you need to connect it up for mixing in a studio. A Digital mixer will record your tracks within the mixer, then you can either mix on the unit, or export the  project to a USB stick and mix at home or take it to be professionally done.  

Comment

I agree - either a PreSonus StudioLive, or a Mackie Onyx, w/the Firewire optuion.

MG

"Thank You, NASA!"

Comment

• witesol
        witesol commented
        Editing a comment
        That new Allen Heath rack thing looks pretty cool too. Nothing wrong with the Alesis unit though, they sound nice.

Guitarman63 wrote:

Hello, I am in need of a multi track recorder with enough inputs to record a full band live at once, at least 12. I have been looking at the Alesis HD24 units on ebay. The prices are really coming down on these. I have an M-Audio Fast Track ultra 8R now and was hoping I could get another to combine for 16 tracks and use a lap top, but from what I've been reading this is not possible. Does anyone know of any another rack mountable recorders with at least 12-16 inputs? Thanks for your time, Doug.

For what purpose are you recording? If it's not to release for sale, I'd strongly consider one of the little all-in-ones. For under $300, they capture a decent snapshot of the room sound/performance, perfectly adequate to assess performances at a rehearsal or to post a live video.

The next reasonable step up in quality is like $3000 by the time you've gotten an interface, preamps, mics, cables, stands and software or a larger multitracker.

Tauntr.com - Adding Insult to Everything!Neck Pocket Cavern Surveyor for the Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You club!"In all fairness, Les Pauls have a switch position labeled "Rhythm", while Strats do not, because they are lead guitars for lead guitarists." -Flatspotter

Comment

• witesol
        witesol commented
        Editing a comment
        2 posts up he already bought something.

Working...
    X