This forum is great and I have gotten good advice in the past (when I was purhcasing my latest guitar).
So, I have decided to jump in to setting up a home rehearsal/recording space. This will my first time recording something (besides recording on my phone )
My goals for next 12 months are
- Record my tune/song ideas so I can play around with those and get more structured about song-writing
- Record my vocals I really know how I sound (as some people have said I have good voice quality but I guess I never realized/don't think so)
- Improve my guitar/soloing skills with backing tracks and record over
What I have in mind
- A condenser Mic (heard Blue and Audio Technica are good)
- I will generally use only one guitar so guessing an audio interface with 2 channels is sufficient (acoust/electric guitar)
- I have a space at home (den) that is about 6 by 10 (fairly small, I know) so looking to optimize for space
- A simple desk setup with perhaps a new Workstation, and the above mentioned setup
- A studio/DAW software - heard good things about Reaper
- I have a pair of Bose Companion 3 Series MultiMedia Speakers so I am probably going to hold off on investing in studio montiors early on
Where I need help
- Recommenations for WorkStation - all-in-one computer or Laptop? Any specific recommendations? I would prefer to be around 1000 USD and not more
- Software recos? Do I just need one DAW software? Is Reaper sufficient?
- Inputs/Audio Interface? what is a recommended interface? Should I go for somethign with 2 channels or more?
Any other things to keep in mind?
Thanks for the help folks