No announcement yet.

Which ONE is the best?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant Harding View Post
    Yamaha FG720S is what I'd get if you said "get me an acoustic guitar" in that range.
    While you can still find used 700 models, it seems Yamaha replaced them with the 800 family. The FG 820S retails for $260.
    Buy Yamaha FG820 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar, Black: Acoustic Guitars - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

Comment

Scour through the local Craigslist, and look at Yamaha, Ibanez, Alvarez, and on occasion, one of the Martin "X" series pop up for the 300 range. Greatest ever? hardly, but great for a basic beginners guitar. I have an Alvarez Yari I paid 300 for, that to me, is just simply one of the most amazing guitars I have ever played. (35 years experience.) An Ibanez thin line classical, with electronics, I picked up at a pawn shop for 50 bucks. Hunt, there are good ones out there.
      My Music: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=440762
      Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 99 Ric 330; 78 Gibson L6S; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 81 Paul Custom, 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and about 50 others.

Comment

• DeepEnd
        DeepEnd commented
        Editing a comment
        "Scour through the local Craigslist" is only good advice if you know what to look for in a used guitar. When I was starting out I had no clue. That's true of most beginners.

Hey, Taffeety, did you ever get a guitar? You're leaving us hanging!
      Del
      www.thefullertons.net
      ( •)—:::
      Sent on my six-string jumbo ukelele

Comment

Working...
      X