No announcement yet.

Need help identifying this Alvarez Guitar made in japan

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying this Alvarez Guitar made in japan

I picked up this Alvarez today and cannot find much info on it. I do know that this one is older and MAde in Japan and I ahve the serial number as well. The tag is faded and only shows part of the the model number beginning with 50 or 58. There is no stamp on the heel joint and the only other marking I could find was in the sound hole and it is 333. It does have a badge on the back of the head that states Imported and Customized Since 1922 Saint Louis Music with the A on it. Any advice on age and model?

Sorry, can't help but it does look to be a nice classical. The volute and skunk stripe are interesting - I've never seen that on a classical

Comment

Thanks for your help, anyone have an idea where to start looking?

Comment

Originally posted by Alow515 View Post
        I picked up this Alvarez today and cannot find much info on it. I do know that this one is older and MAde in Japan and I ahve the serial number as well. The tag is faded and only shows part of the the model number beginning with 50 or 58. There is no stamp on the heel joint and the only other marking I could find was in the sound hole and it is 333. It does have a badge on the back of the head that states Imported and Customized Since 1922 Saint Louis Music with the A on it. Any advice on age and model?
        It could be a model 5011.
        I have not see one with that kind of badge yet, so I'm still poking around the net

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

It could also be a 5009:

Click image for larger version  Name:	5009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	32156415

The guitar pictured was sold through Reverb.com: https://reverb.com/item/2356679-alva...case-pre-owned. That model was made until 1998 with a few changes over the years. Yours could be an early example: https://www.guitar-list.com/alvarez/...sewood-classic.
          Last edited by DeepEnd; 02-02-2018, 11:50 PM.
          Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
          Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
          Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
          Member of the Schecter Society
          Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Try contacting St.Louis Music at stlouismusic-dot-com. It's a subsidiary of Loud Music. In any case, this site (jedistar) has some history of many brands. This should link directly to their alvarez info. Take the 1st link under "catalogs" and then go through the dated catalogs from there. You might get a couple clues. Sample page below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	32156740

http://jedistar.com/alvarez/
            Last edited by Idunno; 02-03-2018, 01:04 PM.
            - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Thank you all! I will get in contact with them this week and hopefully find out something.

Comment

Working...
              X