New favourite strap button position

Grant Harding

• Members

I used to like the button on the side of the heel, but after using one with a back button In hooked. It leaves a lot more room for my hand around the 12th fret.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"757","title":"PSX_20180131_125911.jpg","width":"700","data-attachmentid":32154214}[/ATTACH]

• Members

I find the guitar to be poorly balanced with the strap button in that location. It has a tendency to lean forward. YMMV. Some guitars have a strap button on the side near the neck block with a piece of wood inside the body for the screw. My "good" acoustic has a strap button on the side of the heel and I'm happy with it. I don't play that far up the neck anyway.

• Members

I used to dislike the way they sort of fall forward, but I actually like having the guitar tilted now, as it's more comfortable for my fretting hand wrist. I used to have to watch my left hand while playing quite a bit but not so much now.

I also find the rubber washer method keeps the strap nice and snug so it doesn't feel like it's going to come off.

• Members
I find the guitar to be poorly balanced with the strap button in that location. It has a tendency to lean forward. YMMV. Some guitars have a strap button on the side near the neck block with a piece of wood inside the body for the screw. My "good" acoustic has a strap button on the side of the heel and I'm happy with it. I don't play that far up the neck anyway.

That's exactly the way I do it, however I have a metal body dobro with the heel. There was already a screw there to bolt on the neck, so it was a no brainer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived