No announcement yet.

New favourite strap button position

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New favourite strap button position

I used to like the button on the side of the heel, but after using one with a back button In hooked. It leaves a lot more room for my hand around the 12th fret.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20180131_125911.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	459.8 KB
ID:	32154214

I find the guitar to be poorly balanced with the strap button in that location. It has a tendency to lean forward. YMMV. Some guitars have a strap button on the side near the neck block with a piece of wood inside the body for the screw. My "good" acoustic has a strap button on the side of the heel and I'm happy with it. I don't play that far up the neck anyway.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Since I play sitting down I don't need a strap button. Even my electrics, I put one on the LP but not on the jazz guitar. Grant, I assume you want one on the tele in the normal spot?

Comment

• Grant Harding
        Grant Harding commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah - definitely just l like a normal Tele thanks.

I used to dislike the way they sort of fall forward, but I actually like having the guitar tilted now, as it's more comfortable for my fretting hand wrist. I used to have to watch my left hand while playing quite a bit but not so much now.

I also find the rubber washer method keeps the strap nice and snug so it doesn't feel like it's going to come off.

Comment

Maybe guitar design should include acoustic suspension?
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman Keller View Post
          . . . .Since I play sitting down I don't need a strap button. . . .
          Same here.
          Howard

Comment

How does the guitar fit in the case with the button there?
            Last edited by FretFiend.; 01-31-2018, 07:49 AM.
            __________________________________________________ _________
            Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society.

Comment

• Grant Harding
              Grant Harding commented
              Editing a comment
              Hadn't thought of that. Just checked and it's created a little hollow in the case padding. Definitely not ideal from that perspective.

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
            I find the guitar to be poorly balanced with the strap button in that location. It has a tendency to lean forward. YMMV. Some guitars have a strap button on the side near the neck block with a piece of wood inside the body for the screw. My "good" acoustic has a strap button on the side of the heel and I'm happy with it. I don't play that far up the neck anyway.
            That's exactly the way I do it, however I have a metal body dobro with the heel. There was already a screw there to bolt on the neck, so it was a no brainer.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• Grant Harding
              Grant Harding commented
              Editing a comment
              All of my acoustics apart from this one are on the side of the heel block. I don't hate that, but there are a few songs that I have to really adjust my technique to play (eg: Breezin' by George Benson).

I tried a button on the back once. The guitar leaned forward, and the button dug into the case so much that I wondered what all that weight on the button would do to the guitar body over time.
            Del
            www.thefullertons.net
            ( •)—:::
            Sent on my six-string jumbo ukelele

Comment

Working...
            X