No announcement yet.

Okay. It's That Time Again

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay. It's That Time Again

Slays me how this guy should command an audience but instead he gets malled.
    - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Crowds are over at the DJ table listening to synthetic drums and electronic handclaps and some idiot telling them to "put their hands in the air".
    Good Day. I said Good Day!

Comment

Sad. He's quite talented and a natural entertainer. But several years ago I was watching an awards show or somesuch and people in the audience were talking and messing with cell phones while Tony Bennett was performing. If they'll do it to a living legend they'll do it to anyone.
      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Member of the Schecter Society
      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

it`s just the living dead going about their business
        Consternoon Aftable

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
          Sad. He's quite talented and a natural entertainer. But several years ago I was watching an awards show or somesuch and people in the audience were talking and messing with cell phones while Tony Bennett was performing. If they'll do it to a living legend they'll do it to anyone.
          Yes. Rude and stupid. And very sad.
          Howard

Comment

The guy is really good. I have stumbled upon a lot of such incredible people playing on the street over the years and it is always a treat. I hope this guy finds success in whatever form it my take.

Comment

This, for me, defines my taste in blues and this fellow makes me smile. He gives the blues a good chemistry.
              - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Comment

come to think of it i bet the sound wasn`t too good in what looks like a shopping mall with the glass roof and what not . we are getting the direct sound from the mics more than likely ,there is no way the public will have heard it like us , he is very good mind ,but still i am one of those who says you can do what you like and if someone is playing a guitar and singing that doesn`t mean to say i have to stop and listen. it makes me laugh when i hear band members complain about an audience for talking or appearing not to be listening to the band .
                Consternoon Aftable

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                  This, for me, defines my taste in blues and this fellow makes me smile. He gives the blues a good chemistry.
                  My kind of music and player. I would gladly pay a cover to hear him in a funky little dive and would probably buy his cd's.

Comment

Originally posted by catscurlyear View Post
                    come to think of it i bet the sound wasn`t too good in what looks like a shopping mall with the glass roof and what not . we are getting the direct sound from the mics more than likely ,there is no way the public will have heard it like us , he is very good mind ,but still i am one of those who says you can do what you like and if someone is playing a guitar and singing that doesn`t mean to say i have to stop and listen. it makes me laugh when i hear band members complain about an audience for talking or appearing not to be listening to the band .
                    And that is precisely why I play only in Open Mikes and never for money. The Open Mikes I go to always have respectful and supportive audiences who listen to and enjoy the music. I have turned down paying gigs and won't do open mikes in bars because I take no pleasure in providing a soundtrack for people's conversations.

Comment

I think it's a little judgy to say the people don't like or appreciate music just because they are going about there business in the mall. When I got to the mall it's a get in, get what I need and get out as quick as possible situation. I probably would have stopped and listened to him for a minute or two. There are a ton of videos out there of great famous musicians in disguise on subways and sidewalks with the same reaction. I doubt you would see the same reaction in a blues bar on a Friday night.
                      2008 Guild F-50
                      2015 Martin 00-DB
                      2013 Gibson J45
                      2016 Martin 00-17S

Comment

Originally posted by missedmyexit View Post
                      I think it's a little judgy to say the people don't like or appreciate music just because they are going about there business in the mall. When I got to the mall it's a get in, get what I need and get out as quick as possible situation. I probably would have stopped and listened to him for a minute or two. There are a ton of videos out there of great famous musicians in disguise on subways and sidewalks with the same reaction. I doubt you would see the same reaction in a blues bar on a Friday night.
                      Well, of course it's "judgy". Life is judgy. At what point isn't it? You eat the Cheese-Wiz, then.

Comment

Well, of course it's "judgy". Life is judgy. At what point isn't it? You eat the Cheese-Wiz, then.
                        True my point was more that I don't think it's fair judgement in this case because the audience did not go their to see music.
                        2008 Guild F-50
                        2015 Martin 00-DB
                        2013 Gibson J45
                        2016 Martin 00-17S

Comment

Slays me how this guy should command an audience but instead he gets malled.
                          Hell yeah, that was damn fine.

I check out a few of his other vids.

Good stuff.

Thx for turning me on to this guy.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Working...
                          X