LEARNING NEW MUSICS

rlspencer

• Members

Recently learned one of my all time fave-o tunes A WHITER SHADE OF PALE . made a chord chart after many listens of the original and views of how other folkes play it. ONLY 31 chord changes in the first verse. took me two solid weeks of study til I could literally play it and sing it with my eyes shut. this is a milestone in my life as this song just sings to me and now I can add it to my setlist. slowed it down a bit in order to savor the flavor. looking forward to recording the classic tune. thanks for lettin me share.

eec7471c73c21edc90b1b1825a07ccaf.thumb.jpg.d2acad3aed45c2d1ba978b870fed33bd.jpg

• Members
Cool. Figuring out the chords to a song you love is a real thing of joy.

P.S. Just tried the chords and they worked for me. Thanks!

HI na nana bisco! I shut my eyes so I wouldn't cheat and look at the chords or lyrics cause I'm tryin to learn it see, and I'm singin and playin it and found the groove, the guitar came alive,got a slow burn jazz vibe goin I just went away for a moment. for a few moments. went through the song twice to make sure I could grab it again then stopped and sat there holding my poor little strangled yamaha, honestly stunned at the aocomplishment it's self and what it it all actually meant. . I put the vocals a bit behind the chords as I sing and play and the song just resonates. To me "THE "REAL" THING OF JOY" you related to na nana bisco is I now own this tune. I can pull it out and shake it at the folkes. one of the all time classic tunes.when I get a song under my metaphorical belt I realize For some reason God saw fit to bestow enough perfection of body (not crippled or maimed) Perfection of minde(mostly normal) enough peace of spirit (goode guy) to see/hear the art in a well placed note. I have a need or quirk to see how they did that,I don't pay mechanics, I wrench my own motorsickles and cars and guitars. so one of my my quirks(again from God) is along with bein able to wedge-knock a golfball in a hole from sixty yards out(haha!) I'm able to know enough chords and melodies and have enough perfect pitch and enough of a poets tongue and be sound enough of minde to own a true piece of sonic/lyrical art and allow others to have some too. When I was a kid, onc day I was KING of the dirt pile. Learnin a song makes me feel like I'm king of the dirt pile, but with hot chicks and colde beer.

Archived