Christmas dobro

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas dobro

The old Nat basking in the light of the tree

Cool. I can't tell if it's an ornament or whether it has ornaments on it. Either way, it's purty. Thanks for posting.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

"Honey, can we leave the tree and lights up all year? Makes my guitar so pretty...."
      I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
      Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman Keller View Post
        The old Nat basking in the light of the tree

I have a dobro similar to that. Mine is a 33H with the larger cone. I must have bought it 20 plus years ago.

The larger cone is still a biscuit cone, unlike the F60 woody I have.

Back in the days before the net was big. I bought mine for Elderly Music out of there catalog they used to send out.

National was around, but I don't think National was going that well, and Dobro was far behind.

One thing I dislike about my dobro is it has no side fret markers and I'm always hovering over the thing.

I was think about taking it to my local luthier for side fret markers.

Other than that it's a real cool piece.

A guy named Mike Replogle was running the show in the mid 90's. I actually called OMI and a very old woman answered the phone. She was probably family of the Dopyera brothers , but I don't actually know that.

Mike Replogle I believe is still making cones. They need to be hand done and it's an art.

I don't know what happen to the Dobro tooling, but it might be gone for ever. The last real Dobro I saw that Gibson had was the wood body Jerry Douglas model.

I actually wish that Gibson would bring back the Dobros, instead of thinking about one more ways to gussy up a Les Paul.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

happy xmas, hope you had some great time with your family

Comment

Nice! Roundneck?
            Last edited by Delmont; 12-31-2017, 11:43 PM.
            Del
            www.thefullertons.net
            ( •)—:::
            Sent on my six-string jumbo ukelele

Comment

• Freeman Keller
              Freeman Keller commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, 1980 Dobro Duolian, Roundneck, 14 fret, NRP cone. I'm going to be selling several guitars this year, this will probably be one of them (I don't need three resonators)
          Working...
          X