VOM1T October 2017

garthman

• Members

I've discovered that the old VOM Archives where I had a few things hosted no longer works. The site is still there, the music is still there (all this dates way back to the Annex days) but apparently the Flash Player no longer works. I know the site hadn't been maintained but until recently it did work and I was going to pull something down and post it.

I guess I'm over the idea that I'm good enough to share music with the world but from time to time I like to post something - there is a thread about resonator instruments and I have some clips of mine. Which leads to a question - is there a simple free music hosting site that I should investigate. I have almost completely quit using Photobucket for hosting pictures because of their ads and subscriptions - what else should I look at for both music and pics?

• Members

the site i`m on Soundcloud is free but you can`t upload MP3`s (although it says you can but mine always fail ),they have to be WAV or .flac (traffic cone) you can post a picture along with your track,it`s quite easy to use .the site Deepend has been using looks like its free .

• Members

garthman - I hadn't heard that one before. I listened to the original and you did a good job with your own unique touch as usual.

catscurlyear - "Pompitouse?" Shows what I know. I always thought it was "I speak for the prophetess of love" (seriously). Anyway, very well done.

Mickey - As someone who writes Country occasionally, that was great. Very well written and sung. You didn't mention drinkin' or cheatin' or trucks but it was still recognizably Country. ;)

• Members
. . . I've discovered that the old VOM Archives where I had a few things hosted no longer works. The site is still there, the music is still there (all this dates way back to the Annex days) but apparently the Flash Player no longer works. I know the site hadn't been maintained but until recently it did work and I was going to pull something down and post it. . . .

Yeah. The site was "MelodyVine" created by Joe (Ohio Arrow) at a time when the powers-that- be in HCAG seemed intent on destroying this place by introducing crap graphics, etc.. Joe did a lot of work making MelodyVine a great platform and also stored the old Annex on-site. Lots of us moved over there for quite a while but slowly people drifted back to HCAG. I suspect Joe has finally pulled the plug. A shame but I fully understand.

Archived