Zenith Classic is on its way

crustoleum

• Members

Phil, I will check it out. My "fortune" is not grest, but, I am able to build up an ok group of the guitars that I like. I have no "super$" things , but , theer are so many cool guitars being produced , for a very reasonable $ (all guitars should be free :) but, thats just my opinion : My tenants also play . My buddy went to "Dean College" in Franklin MA and studied guitar and such, he also has free reign over all here. *he was in a bad auto accident , and is quite :slow" now , guitar playing helps with his rehab and co ordination , which we all take for granted imho. His determination to overcome what happened kind of well freaks me out, a little. He was really quite good before all that. But , he is getting it back , slowly in his 40;s and my 2 kids and their wifes/girlfriends. , as well as several of my old neighborhood buddys who drive here from Foxboro , occasionally , It's not too much of a ride from there to "here" 30-40 minute ride on back roads , mostly :) , to jam and shoot the breeze . My old buddys are all retired now , and like me , have more time to concentrate on guitar stuff :) Old band friends called the band "GNP" back in the day :) it's always fun , for me, when they come for a visit :) and my buddys sister , who is also excellent , childhood next door neighbors still live "there" sings and can play , great , actually :) We called our band "The Dragmen" and played surf music , mostly and fast "muscle cars" tunes and some blues , always , and Rolling Stones tunes , always :) lol we were 14-17 lol . My buddy owns a few radio stations in CA and says we should do a reunion tour. He knows lots of cool people lots :) Work , and "life ,' brought me "here" :) I recently obtained these 2 things , which are unreal. I haven't checked out your vid , but, I';m guessing you think thr Epiphone Deluxe reissue thing is unreal. Yes , I'm going to guess that , and check it out. I haven't had these too long , but they are pretty much, all that I was hoping they would be , or even better , actually :)

• Members

I am probably one of the worlds well , not the best , thats for sure "player" . But , check these 2 things out. Mikeo said they "sound" tough . LOL :) thats an appropriate description. I tuned the Deluxe thing down and that was the result and the other tune is that 1 f hole Gibson LP thing lol Well , it was John Lennon's birthday :) and 4:20 AM lol :)

http://ge.tt/7sR3iqm2

added some electric stuff just an experiment with the few things here lol :)

http://ge.tt/2pSJItm2

• Moderators

Crusty, be warned the Zenith guitars, in my experience, are hit and miss. I tested two and was disappointed in the first one, and satisfied with the second. The differences were not subtle either. I'm also not a fan of the 'hidden' V/T controls...but that is my personal issue, I guess. They are great looking guitars [too bad they don't offer an ebony or trans-black finish...], the necks are playable, and the look is neatly nostalgic.

• Members

You should open up a shop. You'd buy directly from the distributor or manufacture at whole sale prices.

There was a guy in my lil ol' home when I was young. He sold Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker, Marshall, Heritage ( later on) Ampeg and more out of his 2 car garage. I got a few of my older guitars from him. He had been in business for decades and drove a school bus too.

I don't think he got rich, but he made and ok living. Every musician love Fran. He passed in the late 90's.

• Members
You should open up a shop. You'd buy directly from the distributor or manufacture at whole sale prices.

There was a guy in my lil ol' home when I was young. He sold Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker, Marshall, Heritage ( later on) Ampeg and more out of his 2 car garage. I got a few of my older guitars from him. He had been in business for decades and drove a school bus too.

I don't think he got rich, but he made and ok living. Every musician love Fran. He passed in the late 90's.

• Members

The music shop in Sharon was 2 miles from my parents house in Foxboro...Sharon Heights. When I was 6 , the guy that owned the music/guitar shop , "Bernie" told my mom that Mrs. Klickstein gave lessons during the Winter months, I took lessons for a few years 6-9 maybe. So , My mom got in touch with her . She was a Juliard music college graduate , "Masters" degree , I do believe. She taught me to play "The Carnival of Venice" , among other things. She had a baby grand thing the kind of piano that the top "opens up": on , and a Bb clarinet too. She also taught me some folk songs like "Tom Dooley" and "Peggy O" the itsy bitsy spider and other kids tunes...hey , I was 6 :) Bernie"....rip... ,eventually got a job as the music/band director, at the high school. I should of joined the "guitar club" extra curricular activity thing . Instead, I joined the "Modern music" club....more ladies there :) :) We listened to Jimi , Cream and early Led Zep , Stones , 10 Years After , Carlos Santana , The Who,... lol those were the days indeed :)

• Members

Mikeo i have an 86 year old aunt , mums rip ... younger sister. She lives at a condominium on the 5th hole of the Pompano Beach , Fl golf course. She had no kids . She left it to me and my bro.. So, a music/guitar store , may be in the future, maybe. My daughter in law , now, works at the local Greek pizza place. But she owned her own business, a reptile snake/lizard bugs and other "stuff&quot pet store , when she lived in Florida, before her and my youngest son hooked up. She said she would help me, as well as my youngest son, who plays the sax...and guitar. He was first seat alto and baritone sax man in the junior and senior high jazz band. He started playing in 4th grade :) and "knows music" 1000x more than myself , and could probably give lessons Alto , tenor bari and soprano. My oldest son works, but could give clarinet lessons. He also played in the school bands...same school system , and "knows" music too :) . They are both pretty OK , imho . Well , that's my plan , today :) now. Who knows if it will happen. i'm planning on it. :) That is where the instruments I have obtained, will be "displayed" :) maybe. i am planning on it some day :)

Archived