Still enjoying my Epiphones, got this recently

crustoleum

• Members

i've been playing this thing, this evening, for a few hours. You know I'm not an accomplished musician by any means, but I do believe this particular instrument will inspire myself to become more proficient in what I enjoy performing the most. which is blues and folk ..I i believe i have a nice selection of guitars for all,forms of guitar music... from a-z and a few other things that keep me kind of busy., mandolin and mini synth keys, recorder and indian flutes, electric kazoo, jaw harp, harmonica...i don;t play great, but my kids say I'm Ok, wife, friends, kids girls...keep me busy.. They played in their jr and sr high school marching and jazz bands. The clarinet Bb and baritone and alto sax alto tenor baritone (my youngest son likes to play the baritone sax, but was first seat alto, he is pretty good in my dad opinion... .... I like to experiment with effects...who doesn't. I've had a guitar since i was 8, ill be 64 soon... this guitar has inspired me this evening...I'm pretty happy, not really too lucky, frugality pays dividends. I make my own luck. This is not done by luck. this is done by science... :rawk::thu:

• Members

That is quite a lovely guitar. I agree that a new guitar can inspire a new genre or playing differently or better or all kinds of wonderful things. I've been mostly a blues and folkie for all my playing years but last year I built a hollow bodied jazz style archtop - that has inspired (maybe forced is a better word) me to learn the fretboard better and how chords are put together and all those wonderful jazzy chords with names no one can pronounce. Now instead of the good old I, IV, V and flatted seventh I'm trying to learn ii, V, II and major 6ths and 9ths and all that other cool stuff.

I honestly wished I had done this about 40 years ago - I'm actually learning something about music.

• Members

Freeman, i've enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you for sharing, Your comments and instruction i found quite right on and interesting. I've seen the pics you posted of those archtops you built...very, very nice indeed. I might try a kit, some day. need a few more toole. ES 135 style maybe, with a Bigsby would keep me busy. Might be a good winter project, after I get that old Gretsch done. My 5 gallon spring water jug I throw my loose change into, is not as heavy as it was a few weeks ago...I'll get there again, soon enough :cool03:

• Members

cool guitar

I have a couple of Godin 5th Ave King Pins.

I saw them at the Saratoga Guitar show years and years ago, but the originals didn't have a pick up. About 10 years ago when Godin put a P90 knock off in the the 5th Ave I grabbed one. I think about a year or so ago I bought the King Pin II with 2 P90 knock offs.

I play kind of a rootsy thing with them.

Many many years ago, I started getting in to hollowbody and semi hollow body guitars. It either started with the ES 335 Dot or the ES 135 I have. I actually forget the one that I bought first. Both the 335 and 135 I own have classic 57 pups.

The Gretsch's then came, and then the Godin's, and this year an ES 275. I still play solid bodies here and there.

Enjoy the jazzy tones of the Epiphone.

I like the James Bay Century myself.

[video=youtube;q2fKekViP8I]

• Members

Helllo Steven (my name is Steve too :cool:) ok I had to lower the action of the bridge, about 1 turn or so, on the bridge "adjustment iknobs" To me, the action is ...perfect. sound ? give this a few moments http://ge.tt/8UGxEUm2 a few clips of some "things" I did (please be kind, I'm not an "accomplished" musician). . gauge [TABLE=cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0, width: 100%]

[TR=class: cke_show_border]

[TD=class: SpecFirstCell]Strings[/TD]

[TD]Cleartone®; 12-53[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

1. How's the action?

2. How's it sound?

3. What gauge strings are on it?

4. Where was it made?

Lovely guitar.

Kent Armstrong floating humbucker FTW! Color black or gold.

Archived