Yesterday - The Beatles cover played by me, made originally by Adrian Holovaty

adampalo

• Members
Nice. I like it.

I do, but I would eliminate those percussive string slaps. I found them to be more of a distraction than enhancing your performance.

But hey, that's just me and I'm old.

I seem to have heard that comment before so I definitely think you're on to something :) It's just that my idols, Peter Gergely and Eddie Van Deer Mer are both masters of those percussive elements so I try to do it myself, although at my level they might be more distraction than enhancing just like you say :) Thanks for the advice!

EDIT: being old is not a bad thing :)

• Members

i really liked this overall. It's an old favorite and you do it nicely, but I have to go along with Queeg about the percussive slaps. "Yesterday" is such a gentle song, IMO, so such "slaps" detract rather than enhance. Just my .02.

• Members

Very nice. Your rendition definitely sounds a good bit like Adrian's and much better than I could do. When I watched, you were almost up to 200 views, which is much more than any performance of mine would get, I'm sure. ;) Sorry but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon about the percussive elements. They'd work for some songs but not this one.

• Members

I'm really glad I have you guys, because 1. I you give me amazing feedback which helps me improve and 2. Your feedback is so kind that I can't even take the slightest bit of offence by it and 3. You say such kind things.

• Members
Very nice. Your rendition definitely sounds a good bit like Adrian's and much better than I could do. When I watched, you were almost up to 200 views, which is much more than any performance of mine would get, I'm sure. ;) Sorry but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon about the percussive elements. They'd work for some songs but not this one.

Hey DeepEnd! :) That means a lot to me, the fact that you think it's sounds a good bit like Adrian's cover, since he is such a talented player. I haven't heard you play, but I bet you would do it twice as good as me!

• Members

Well then I bet you're the best old chord chunker and singer/songwriter! ;) Nevertheless, singing and even more, writing songs, is something extremely few has the ability to do. Be proud of that! I have always wanted to be able to sing my own songs!

Archived