Renshaw Acoustic Guitars

maplebaby

• Members

Love it. Great vocals, and the guitar really sounds fantastic. I'm currently working on a maple OM with a WRC top for a friend. I figure I'll finish it sometime around 2025 (I'm still relatively new to this). The first time I've worked with maple. I'd shied away from it initially, because I've always had it in my head that maple tends to yield a relatively bright and often even harsh - to my inexpert ear - tone. But the stuff is so beautiful, I just had to give it a shot. Your maple Renshaw certainly gives the lie to the "bright/harsh" idea. Terrific tone on that little thing. Clear as a bell.

• Members

hello..really appreciate this post and thanks for taking time to give this a listen! I share your comments with Will, the builder, and he greatly appreciated the kind feedback as well.

You build sounds fantastic, OM/WRC/Maple all hit the right spots for me! I wish you the very best with it and when 'the day' comes i hope you might consider sharing pics - i'll be first in line for that!

Also that for the discussion on Maple as a tone wood- i've had a couple of Maple guitars over the years and both have not been bright at all. In fact they were almost the opposite - warm, mellow and punchy at the same time to my ear. This guitar has a German top and i think we 'got lucky' with the combo.

All the best with your building and music, your friend, dale.

Archived