My Acoustic Guitars

maplebaby

• Members

Great vid! What a terrific array of acoustics! I suppose if I could only steal one from you, for me it'd probably be the C10. Particularly lovely tone on that one. Do you have an alarm system?

The gits made by Mr. Renshaw are just stunning. I'd never heard of him before. Just did a quick Google search & couldn't find a website, but did find a local newspaper story - is he a practicing dentist? Funny, there's an old HCAG forumite who is a cosmetic dentist & is also making some brilliant acoustics. There must be some kind of artistic correlation. I should have been a dentist!

• Members

great thanks for taking your time to check this out and share your feedback - sincerely appreciated! The C10 is a really great guitar, i appreciate your comment - it's a really nice comfortable guitar that does everything i need it to do very well.

Thanks for checking out Will..i'm trying to help him get a more 'official' spot for people to find his work but he's a busy guy! I appreciate the kind comments and i will share them with him.

Do you have a fave acoustic that you play?

• Members
great thanks for taking your time to check this out and share your feedback - sincerely appreciated! The C10 is a really great guitar, i appreciate your comment - it's a really nice comfortable guitar that does everything i need it to do very well.

Thanks for checking out Will..i'm trying to help him get a more 'official' spot for people to find his work but he's a busy guy! I appreciate the kind comments and i will share them with him.

Do you have a fave acoustic that you play?

Yes, my current favorite is a Martin M-36, purchased last fall. I've had other guitars in the past that I've really liked, but this one is a particular fave. Just a great combination of playability and interesting tone - I really like hearing what comes out of this guitar. It has an OM depth, a 16" lower bout and scalloped, forward-shifted braces. Unfortunately, I've been experiencing some very frustrating nerve damage issues in both hands over the last year or so - there are times when each hand feels about as dextrous and sensitive as a cinder block - so playability is a much more sensitive issue than it once was. This guitar still works reasonably well in my unruly hands, though.

I've enjoyed your music videos for several years - your playing is always excellent. It's interesting to see your gear rundown and I thank you for putting that vid together and posting it here. Think I'm going to take another look. :)

• Members

Thanks so much for taking your time to respond! I don't think I've ever played a Martin 'M' model & have always been curious about them. Very glad you like yours & thanks for sharing the specs. I think it's very cool to have a Martin and all the great things that brings, but have one a bit off the beaten path. I hope you get a lot more enjoyment out if it as your 'friendship' grows.

I'm sorry you have to play with some pain & frustration. I hope there may be someone or some treatment that can ease this for you.

Thanks for the very kind & encouraging words. I appreciate you being willing to share our common love for music and guitars!

your friend,

dale

Archived