Can't go home again...unless u have a "protest song" maybe?

d03nut

• Members

greetings good people of HC...

i used to frequent this here space way back when, well, just when...some great memories...online friendships (onlineships ?) and what not...eventually i even got to share some of my music in spite of my initial apprehension to do so as it was all in a "foreign tongue"...wasn't really sure how it would be received...tho it went over much better than expected...forumites were a really nice bunch no matter how they really felt about it...

so admittedly, and regrettably, i haven't visited for the longest time, and there are a number of "valid" reasons for that, one of which is that I did indeed become somewhat of a "recluse", in a manner of speaking...but that's not why I'm here...after 6 albums under "other language", I thought what better place than good old "new" HC to test out my new material ... so lady - or ladies, if there's more than the customary "one every now & then" - and gentlemen...here's my very first english recording...it's neither my "best" nor "catchiest" tune...but it is very "apropos", I feel, given the current, ahem, climate...

U will do with it what u will obviously but I would much appreciate it if u would "play it forward" if u can relate to it on any level...that is, if u can somehow get over my irritatingly frequent use of "air quotes"...which was a point of "contention" even back in the good old days...something's never change...

btw & fyi, this IS a "PUI", I repeat "PUI"...u have been warned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxBi24m_nHA

• Members

I've returned and listened to your artistic, yet anxious lament. Very colorful. Not sure a Canadian resident of a certain culture needs to make such an appeal but the tune itself begs otherwise.

Different times now. Trust becoming a hindrance to suffering, and the latter currently all the rage (literally), the truancy of the former is accepted in the swirling flux of divine contrivances of the species. Yours notwithstanding the high profiling for suffering's cause, we are observing global wincing from cross cultural shock, withdrawal and, ultimately, its reseeding through callous apathy. Sing to me about that as a victor instead of a victim. With so many real victims getting attention, being a victim is the new champion. Don't sell me on that. Sell me about being better than that. Be a victor. Sing about being better.

• Members
. . . Trust becoming a hindrance to suffering' date=' and the latter currently all the rage (literally), the truancy of the former is accepted in the swirling flux of divine contrivances of the species. Yours notwithstanding the high profiling for suffering's cause, we are observing global wincing from cross cultural shock . . . .[/quote']

Here in Maine we're way ahead of the rest of the country. We'd had it for six years already.

• Members

Salutations all around...i think i'm seeing more familiar faces this time around than at least the version 2 debacle...so what, the rest just got up & left the premises? like whatever happened to "fill in the blank here"?

Archived