My guitar soundboard is swollen

Aebi

• Members

Its really hard for anyone to give you concrete advice as to how to handle this without seeing the guitar first hand .

I also understand not being able to afford a dehumidifier - but when their is a humidity problem many times a guitar repair person will put the guitar in a humidity controlled room for a period of time -maybe a few weeks -usually longer , and hope for a change.

Looking at the pictures you posted on your other post concerning this same topic -it looks like your instrument is in pretty bad shape,

high string height and a few other unknown concerns -maybe more than you bargained for when you bought the guitar .

I dont know how much you are out by buying this guitar -it might not be easily and economically fixable- maybe you should look around where you live and see if their is anyone who has the knowledge concerning guitar repair -and have them look at it .

Some guitars are not repairable or cost more than their worth to repair . I always suggest when someone is looking for a guitar , to take someone

with them that knows how a guitar should play ,and can play - so you know if it is a good instrument in which to buy .

Check this forum as well as the AGF for posts on what to look for when buying your first guitar - The first guitar i ever bought was a complete disaster -you had to be frankenstein to play it , but i latter bought a better guitar with the knowledge i gained by having that instrument , I wish you well my friend !

Archived