Match your booze and tunes....

Samilyn

• Members

Ever notice how certain liquors makes you play different kinds of music.... or not? What is your match-up... or not??

For me...

Beer = Folk Oldies, Joplin, Dylan

Wine = Traditional tunes (Scarborough Faire, Wild Mountain Thyme, etc)

Booze (whiskey, cocktails) Classic Rock

Brandy = very mellow jazz

What say you, Gents? Where does your music go when you imbibe?

• Members

Well now. When I play in our local song circle type folk club - and I play my usual mix of traditional folk, Dylan, Cohen, acoustic stripped down other stuff - I imbibe a few pints of the several delicious draught real ales the pub has to offer. So I'm with you there.

For wine and assorted spirits I usually go for jazz or renaissance / baroque choral music. So nearly with you there too.

I don't listen to classic rock at all any more.

• Members

I talk big but drink small.

Coffee - it's my constant companion and tune juice.

I've been known to coax a beer or some down time-to-time now but don't pair it up with music. I relate it to lawn mowing more.

Special times, I will hide behind a Bushmills and slow play reminiscences calling me down to take stock and ponder.

Wine...may as well take a lude. Puts me in a no-play zone.

• Members

When i was a bit younger , i use to play music out a bit -one drink use to loosen me up - a musician friend from then latter became an alcoholic.

( can't say that made him one -but i cant say it didnt ) I say now ( looking back ) becareful with the booze -

somethings are very hard to break away from - that's one of them !

• Members

Not a drinker. I was in my yout' (sic), but that is long ago. Beer went well with the Stones and the Blues, but so did Champagne and Reefer. And rye whiskey. Black Velvet.....mmmm.

As a matter of fact, I've found reefer goes well with almost every type of music that I like. Doesn't bother my blood sugar, either.

• Members
I talk big but drink small.

Coffee - it's my constant companion and tune juice.

I've been known to coax a beer or some down time-to-time now but don't pair it up with music. I relate it to lawn mowing more.

Special times, I will hide behind a Bushmills and slow play reminiscences calling me down to take stock and ponder.

Wine...may as well take a lude. Puts me in a no-play zone.

I'm with you here, but do most of my coffee drinking in the morning. It will keep me up at night, which ain't a good thing when the 6 oclock alarm rings, sometimes earlier. That's the kind of life that will kill a man.

A few beers here and there and I'm good.

I went out last Fridays had had 2 very over priced beers. Probably could have bought a 12 pack for what the venue was charging.

I like iced tea too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ9Nm_c3GVY

Archived