VOM1T January 2017

garthman

• Members

Another year, another VOM. So let's hear some songs, please.

My submission this month is a Dylan number from his 1978 album "Street Legal". He had a big band and background vocalists on this album but, of course, my take is a stripped-down acoustic version.

"Is Your Love In Vain"" by Bob Dylan.

https://app.box.com/s/m6m1vnnbjbxodotbh3dx9ghtzn3a3faf

One take with my computer mic and Audacity. Played on my nylon strung Ovation-type deep-bowl strummed with the side of my thumb.

• Members

Great song Howard. I remember that one. Mine is basically the same subject and perhaps visiting a similar, nearby mountain. I recorded this earlier this week, also a 1-take but a bit stumbly. My usual Yamaha, Shure SM58 to a Fishman SA220 and recorded with a Zoom H4.

This is Stevie Nicks' Landslide -

https://app.box.com/s/1ph5axy674wy9uxqzghg9easwel99xqx

• Members

Nothing from me this time around. Maybe next time. Now on to those of you who did participate.

garthman - Well done. As I always say, hard to go wrong with Dylan, as long as he's not the one singing it. wink.png

Idunno - I've never been a Stevie Nicks fan but I know a good song well done when I hear it. Thanks.

catscurlyear - Very nice. Love that song and you do it much better than I do with your own stamp.

extollo - Very well done. I haven't heard that in a while. Great take on a classic Teddy Pendergrass tune.

• Members

Well, another few contributors would have been nice but better a few than none.

Joe, Cats, Extollo: great stuff and very well done. Big Al: I look forward to seeing you next VOM - do your best, mate.

Next VOM will be 18th / 19th February - hope to see you there.

Archived