NGD - been a while...

DonK

• Members

Haven't posted here in awhile, but it's good to some familiar names still around. Anyway, my middle son, now 22 and a killer player (acoustic, electric, mandolin and banjo), graduated from college and got a job, so now he can buy his own guitars! His first GAS was for a 12-fret slot-head OM/000 and after doing a bunch of research in conjunction with reviewing his bank account, he sprung for a Recording King ROS-16. I couldn't believe how good it looked and sounded, so after a week of lusting after his I bought my own. It's just killer, and I can't believe it's only $429. I've got some pretty nice guitars and this one has supplanted them all over the past month. I'll post pics of both mine and his tomorrow. Only drawback - for some people, not me - would be the neck thickness. It's a true boatneck, closest acoustic to it that I own (or have played) would be my Gallagher Doc Watson, and it's not all that close. We're talking 1" at the first-fret. Hope you all are doing well and I'll post pics tomorrow.

• Members

Donk! Welcome back - we've missed you! Hope you stay around.

And many congratulations on the Recording King ROS-16. I own one myself - bought it a couple of years ago. It was the first RK guitar I'd ever seen here in the UK - I played it for 10 mins and bought it on the spot. Aren't they great?

• Members

Welcome back and Happy New Guitar Day. Looking forward to pics when you can. I had a weak spot for a 12 fret 000 when I was about 19 or so. Ended up with a little Alvarez 5020. It became my main guitar for a couple of years (not mine but just like it):

fetch?filedataid=121490

Archived