Hallelujah Leonard Cohen

recordingtrack1

• Members

Actually, never heard of the man until Halleujah. I thought the best rendition of the song was by John Cale in Shrek. I did attempt to get connected with Cohen but after a few videos decided his writing was better than his performing.

Oh, and not a Bowie or Prince fan so no musical loss registers on my dad-gummit meter. That leaves Trump but he's neither died nor written anything I like. I'm sure he's working on it, though.

• Members

Gloom. Yep. But, lot's of people made some money writing songs about that emotion. Too many to name. Cohen just never popped up anywhere as a notoriety in my musical memory as an icon. Even now at his passing I can't think of anything but Suzanne and Hallelujah as memorable, and both of those were best rendered by Judy Collins and John Cale, respectively.

• Members

Good! Looking forward to ski season, as usual. Still not playing very much. To inspire myself, I recently changed strings on every instrument I own (3 guitars & 4 mandolins.) Not sure if that had the desired effect, but they're ready even if I'm not. ;-)

Archived