Recommendations for a Great All Solid Wood Guitar?

AquariusOG

• Members

How's everyone doing today, so I'm looking for an All Solid Wood Guitar Under 900$ and I'm going to need all the recommendations I can get from you guys! I've looked into a few guitars like The Martin DSR1, Seagull SWS, Guild F130 and Yamaha LL16. All those guitars look very awesome but I feel like I'm missing out on a few guitars I haven't heard of yet, Any Reccomendations would be Awesome! Thanks Guys :)

• Members
How's everyone doing today' date=' so I'm looking for an All Solid Wood Guitar Under 900$ and I'm going to need all the recommendations I can get from you guys! I've looked into a few guitars like The Martin DSR1, Seagull SWS, Guild F130 and Yamaha LL16. All those guitars look very awesome but I feel like I'm missing out on a few guitars I haven't heard of yet, Any Reccomendations would be Awesome! Thanks Guys :)[/quote']

I own a Yamaha LS16 (not the LL). I can only speak to the LS. I personally love mine. Great playability , decent sound, fit and fish is excellent. Nice passive under saddle pick up. Lot's of talk about "torrified" wood. I don't know how to speak to that. Mine feels structurally solid. Don't know if it is a crack hazard or not. Also it has 1 3/4" nut and is correspondingly wider at the saddle. Took me a minute to get used to it for picking. Again, not sure about an LL. All in all, for the price , heck yeah (600 shipped brand new). Would I do it again? Absolutely!

• Members

It's hard to go wrong with any of the Yamaha L series guitars. They're really well made. Martin is good but is overpriced, the same for Gibson and Taylor. If you want US made you've got to go that route though. Foreign made, Epiphone, Guild, Alvarez, Recording King, BlueRidge, Takamine, all make great guitars. What it comes down to is what do you want and what sounds and plays the best to YOU. Go try them out at stores and get whichever you like. At $900 there's a multitude of excellent sounding all solid guitars out there. Good hunting.

• Members
It's hard to go wrong with any of the Yamaha L series guitars. They're really well made. Martin is good but is overpriced' date=' the same for Gibson and Taylor. If you want US made you've got to go that route though. Foreign made, Epiphone, Guild, Alvarez, Recording King, BlueRidge, Takamine, all make great guitars. What it comes down to is what do you want and what sounds and plays the best to YOU. Go try them out at stores and get whichever you like. At $900 there's a multitude of excellent sounding all solid guitars out there. Good hunting.[/quote']

^ This.

Archived