Thalia Capos: Anyone used one, or seen one yet?

Mikeo

• Members

The Shubb is the working man's capo. Everything else is a contraption. I bought the G7 capo a few years back and it sounded like a creaky floor and ready to give way. I gave it to JasmineTea on one of his visits down my way and I went back to the Shubb.

• Members

I have plenty of capos here at the house, both by Shubbs and Kyser. Not long ago a buddy of mine gave me a G7, he didn't like it. I like the Kysers better for acoustics and the Shubbs better for the electrics.

I have broken the spring on a Ksyer before, at a show, and did have a back up.

I've come along way since the days of this

sku_168006_1.jpg

• Members

Not that well, and pretty much only on a classical guitar or one with a flat board. While it may work in a pinch on a radius board, certainly not to an acceptable level to most players. If you managed to put a ¼- ⅛ inch of rubber on the underside, it might work decent enough.

But point taken, that's a lot of cash for what it is.

• Members
I have two old screw type capos that use clear rubber tubing. They're a slow switch but rock solid.

To comment on the original post, the Thalia's are stupidly expensive. Painfully so. Can you imagine if you LOST the SOB? I'll stick with old school.

Yeah, for sure. I can't even imagine losing a G7. I gave my fellow praise band guitarist a Planet Waves NS capo to replace his old rubber band model. IIRC, it was $7 or $8 on eBay. Kind of a descendant of your screw type, a tad slow but it works every time.

• Members

I used those for years but I could never get the tension quite right. Always ended up pulling the strings sharp, thus the transition to Shubb.

Guilty as charged.

Grabbed a Shubbs 3 decades ago and was happy. I actually have a couple of em, but prefer the Kyer for acoustic instruments.

Archived