How to download ringtones to iPhone 8/X

devanxom

• Members

[h=3]Part 1: How to download free ringtones for iPhone 8 or iPhone X[/h]

Luckily, there is a website for you to download iPhone ringtones you like without any cost. Here is how to get ringtones to your computer from the website.

Step 1: Go to http://freeringtonesdownload.info/ in a browser on your computer.

Step 2: Click the ringtone you'd like to download and click Get Ringtone.

Step 3: Tap on Download to start to download the ringtone to your computer.

[h=3]Part 2: How to transfer ringtones from computer to iPhone 8/X[/h] After downloading the ringtones you like to your computer, the next steps you need to take is to transfer the ringtones from computer to your iPhone X or iPhone 8. Here a totally free alternative to iTunes that enables you to add ringtones to your iPhone without data syncing is EaseUS MobiMover Free, with which you can sync files from computer to iPhone/iPad (in iOS 8 or later), back up iPhone/iPad contents to computer and copy data from one iDevice to another. Photos, movies, TV shows, music videos, home videos, music, ringtones, voice memos, audiobooks, contacts, messages, notes and more are all supported. Thus you can not only download ringtones to your iPhone X/iPhone 8 but also transfer other files like transferring contacts from computer to iPhone if you want. Here is how to transfer ringtones to your iPhone X/iPhone 8 with MobiMover.

• Members

Before I answer that I need to ask several questions. What is your shop like - can you resaw and/or thickness wood? Most of the time you will buy wood at about 1/4 inch thickness - for tops that needs to go to 0.110 to 0.125, for sides to bend correctly they need to be around 0.070 or so. You can thickness by hand with a good plane or have someone do it for you, but finding someone with a thickness sander that can go that thin might be difficult.

If you can do that yourself then lots of places have good wood - in the Pacific northwest where I live there are mills cutting spruce (Sitka and Lutz, maybe some engleman) and places like Gilmer Tonewoods in Portland Oregon have both spruce and hardwoods. Check out High Mountain Tonewoods (they supply to Taylor) and Notable Tonewoods (I have bought some great koa from them)

If you can't do the work yourself then your options are pretty limited and your prices will certainly go up. Purchasing your wood from another luthier who can prepare it for you is a good idea, but costly. I've used Blues Creek Guitars and been happy with his wood.

However, bottom line, is Luthiers Merchantile Inc - their prices might be a little higher but they quality is excellent and they can prepare it any way you like

http://www.lmii.com/

I have actually purchased wood elsewhere and sent it to LMI for sanding - they make you sign a release since they haven't been in control of the wood. If LMI isn't your cup of tea then you might check out the many sponsors of the two lutherie forums - OLF and MIMF

http://luthiersforum.com/forum/

OK, so you want some Braz or Mad rose, as far as I know none of the supply houses stock any and of course you can't bring Braz into the country. You can find Braz on e-bay, take your chances. I have build one guitar out of each of those tone woods - the wood was given to me by a friend and I have no idea of what he paid for it. The wood was barely big enough for a couple of parlors and the original sides that the supplier sent didn't match the back.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-42/31394376-a-pair-of-parlors

There are very acceptable replacements for both Brazilian and Madagascar rosewood - in my opinion they aren't worth the hassle.

Looking forward to seeing your work - it will be good to have someone building on the forum again.

• Members

I can't say much since Freeman has pretty much said everything that I agree with. He's also got more builds under his belt than I do. I'm only on #2 - but I'm an east coaster so I work in a different climate. Given as such, I try to purchase wood that has been seasoned closer to home - though I concur that LMI is my go to with many materials regarding purfling and binding and serviced fretboards. When it comes to back and sides though I've had good experience thus far with RC Tonewoods out of NY state, though I will admit that my experience is limited to a single set of east Indian rosewood and bookmatched ziricote headplate veneers that came 1/16"-1/8" thick. I don't usually see such exotic woods like Madagascar and Brazilian rosewood in their inventory - but then again I am also not looking for that either. YMMV.

• Members

I like to get Spruce from Alaska Specialty Woods, including bracewood. They've usually got figured/bearclaw spruce as well as non-figured, and pricing has been good.

Most of my stuff I get from Crosscut Hardwoods, or occasionally from local mills. For smaller parts, I've been using reclaimed furniture. Having a 16" bandsaw helps.

I would also recommend LMI for your first few guitars. I still use them occasionally for fingerboard blanks.

Archived