VOM1T May 2016

garthman

• Members

Good day to all,

Howard, always a favorite song of mine. Takes me back. Well done. I'm also on the road back to Memory Lane lately.

Curly, yes, short but also very well done. Do you have a the long version recorded?

• Members

I haven't posted anything in a long time, mainly because I simply haven't recorded anything worth posting. However I really like the VOM and want to contribute something to keep it going so I dug back into my archives and found an old Blind Black song called Police Dog Blues. Open D on the 000

http://vom.infocusreviews.com/index.php?p=play&id=Freeman_Keller/PoliceDogBlues.mp3

• Members

thanks the recording was just a test initially,me and a singer are going to be performing this tune for the odd gig here and there and i thought i`d just try it out on my own first to see how it sounded, i know it seems silly hearing it now so short but this is all i did.

• Members

Here's mine, an original called "In My Quiet Place," sort of a take on The Lord's Prayer. I wrote it about 6 1/2 years ago and posted a poor recording of it then. This is a better recording with a slightly different arrangement and key: http://yourlisten.com/DeepEnd/inmyquietplace. Played as usual on my Ibanez AW120, capoed at the 2nd fret. Samson C01U condenser and Audacity.

• Members

garthman - Well done. Brings back memories. Hard to go wrong with the Stones.

catscurlyear - Nice job. I do that one sometimes but I don't play it nearly as well. I was singing harmony while I listened.

Idunno - catscurlyear was right. That was a powerful rendition with considerable emotion. Clearly recognizable but with your own stamp.

Freeman Keller - Very well done and thoroughly enjoyable as usual. Makes me wish I could pick better.

• Members

thanks deepend ,were you singing an harmony underneath or above ,i have no trouble pitching an harmony a third above but putting an harmony underneath is realy hard for me unless i work it out prior.last night i was listening to paul simon singing under art garfunkel ,wow!

• Members

Thanks for your comments. I record sitting with the guitar in my lap and the mike at mouth level, so the soundhole of the guitar is maybe 15-18 inches from it and 90 degrees off axis. Not the best setup but I don't have a very loud singing voice and it sounds fairly balanced between vocal and guitar that way.

• Members
Being an old undying fan of the Moody Blues, I decided to render one of their songs acoustically. I swiped the lyrics and melody from this tune and bent them into my own version.

Yamaha CG110CE / Shure SM 58> Fishman SA220 Amp> Zoom H4> Garage Band

https://app.box.com/s/paztr1f3d1rnjq1dkivqpirzcyg10m1n

That sounds like the 5 finger styled I remember as Joe...really nicely done.

Archived