JUst when I thought I was GAS free....

katopp

• Members

After the last absolutely gorgeous guitar from Binh I thought that I was now GAS free.

And I was. I could browse through catalogs old and new and all I could muster was .. meh... don't need that.

Or, meh, I have better.

Until I saw the latest Yamaha Guitars.

Now, I won't rave (or rant) until I have heard it and played it ... but you peeps might take a look at Yamaha LL-TA and Yamaha LS-TA ... and brace yourself for serious GAS attacks!

• Members

Yamaha LLs are nice and all, but for me the GAS remains for a Martin HD-35 or MMV with a recent encounter for Taylor's new 254ce DLX 12 string making me think that it might be time to finally get a Taylor and fill a niche in my quiver that is currently vacant.

• Members

These are - by no means - your usual run-of-the-mill LL.

​Tried them and found them nice enough, but nothing compared to my Binh or martin guitars.

But that's the run-of-the-mill LL. Google the new TA-Models, I'm not giving away anything but that they kindled my GAS badly. Very, very badly....

• Members

"An actuator installed on the inner surface of the guitar back vibrates in response to the vibrations of the strings. The vibrations of the actuator are then conveyed to the body of the guitar, and to the air in and around the guitar body, generating authentic reverb and chorus sounds from inside the body. . . . . "

Gosh and golly!

Archived