HELP - Can you IDENTIFY my OVATION acoustic electric guitar?

Dustandroses

• Members

There should be a paper label inside the guitar. This is where you find the serial, too. Some Ovations also have the serial on the neck block, but this is rare.

By looking at the pictures - don't you have better pics?? - it looks like a MiC Ovation Celebrity CC24 to me.

Nice guitar, laminated top, basic pickup, half-decent preamp. A good workhorse of a robust gigging guitar, only hampered by the very narrow neck.

Price is less than $500 new. Hoe you haven't paid more than $300 for it....

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

This was kinda fun, looking at all the Ovation stuff, and I have no opinions on the brand..(well, some, but mostly unfounded)..so thanks daddymack and DeepEnd. 

Cool to see dedicated consumers put together all that concise info.  Want to see what models they made:

http://www.ovationtribute.com/O_Decoder/O-Decoder rev8.htm

Can’t find a single one that spell check would render “elevation” though.

Edited by Neal
Forgot

• Members
7 hours ago, Grant Harding said:

Zombie thread from a fake member, bumped out of the trash by other fake members. This is a new low. 😃

It certainly could be, but it has created some interest, and offered me, at least, 10-15 minutes of diversion looking at the Ovation fan site.  It’s amazing how much time and effort people go thru for niche products.

• Members

They sure have, but you either love the round back and personality of them, or you don’t.  I think they appeal to a smaller, more specialized population of guitar players, thus, “niche”.  I think players would either want one, or one would be totally off their radar.  

• Members
39 minutes ago, Neal said:

They sure have, but you either love the round back and personality of them, or you don’t.  I think they appeal to a smaller, more specialized population of guitar players, thus, “niche”.  I think players would either want one, or one would be totally off their radar.  

I have a deep bowl one and love it to bits. It's not an Ovation, it's a copy made in Italy almost certainly by Eko - but it's a faithful replication of the original Balladeer complete with Shadow pickup. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 11/28/2020 at 5:34 PM, Micah Thurman said:

I have an older ovation that does not match any online serial number I’m guessing 69-70 can anyone give me a good guess at what I have it’s been in the family since mid 70s the model is 1127-4 serial E115

You might find something here:  http://www.ovationgallery.com/serial-numbers.html

• 2 months later...