Segovia Guitar FL71-TU Any info? with Marlin inlay?

lostwax

• Members

G'day Folks , my first post here, hoping someone can help with this model, I have checked everywhere on site and off with no luck, I did see one reference to a segovia with eagle carving but the pics were very poor quality

Only a beginner but the fist note I played on this sounded absolutely beautiful....And the guitar is a true work of art, mop and wood inlay, build quality looks top notch.. picked it up for a song at a pawn shop

Any help or info much appreciated.

fetch?id=31568011fetch?id=31568010fetch?id=31568009fetch?id=31568008fetch?id=31568007

• Members

This looks like some of the newer stuff coming out of China using CNC routing to make really cool inlays. The underlying guitar is usually of modest quality. That guitar's top is probably plywood for example and not solid spruce. But they are nice looking and probably servicable players for the money.

Here's an all-solid wood guitar for $700 out of Tawaian with ridiculous inlay. I never had the bravery to pull the trigger and buy one....but seriously for $700 it looks like a killer deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alulu-solid-Indian-rosewood-Acoustic-Guitar-Dragon-abalone-inlay-NG10-/371373454239

• Members

I've seen those - or similar ones - in Guitar Street, Saigon for about $500.

Usually you could see them in the more "tourist-y" air conditioned shops that cater for the US tourist.

Nice looking, true, but bling doesn't sing.

I would rate the basic guitar without the bling in the Yammie FG7xx range. Not bad, good enough for the money. Add the shellfish massacre and you have a guitar that looks like a million dollars - but still sounds and plays like a $499 one.

But then, if you're after a ton of bling......

• Members

Dragons and Japan have had a romance going on for what...centuries? Then there's misty waterfalls and lotus blossoms bringing up the more secular imagery in their art. Well, at least it isn't on black velvet.

"Shellfish massacre". Brilliant.

Archived