He's trying to sell this as a Martin 00045

Telecruiser

• Members

I contacted him and told him this was not a 45 series guitar and it looks to be a "D" size as well. He says he has the paperwork and he's sticking to his guns. Anybody here want to try and convince him? Good luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Martin-Guitar-00045-14-Adirondack-Spruce-Mahogany-Indian-Rosewood-/181810902848?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a54c63740

• Members
Waaay too many things don't add up on that one. A seller unwilling or unable to clarify the questions is a big red flag. If you're that worried about it' date=' report it to evilbay. Good luck on that.[/quote']

I am not looking at buying a guitar right now but I came across this when cruising ebay. I called Martin on it and they told me that the paperwork is wrong but the seller doesn't seem to know anything about Martin guitars so he tends to believe the paperwork. Martin told me that the guitar was supposed to have a torch inlay in the headstock and Waverly tuners also. It seems somebody ordered it and then called and downgraded some of the options but the paperwork was never changed to reflect it.

It also says that the guitar started out as a 45 series but they don't take a high end model and remove inlay. Lots of bad documentation and a seller who doesn't seem to know anything about guitars.

• Members

Even that reply from Martin is a little fishy. If it was a custom order then the paperwork (and label inside the guitar) should state that. Style 45 appointment is bound fretboard, the vertical headstock inlay, abalone surrounding the entire top, including fretboard extension. This is a friends OM-45, which by the way is a pretty expensive guitar

IMG_1956_zpsbgvkydpi.jpg

IMG_1962_zps56fdr3dq.jpg

• Members

On the 45 the abalone is on "all borders" front and back. That's top, both side top and bottom and the back as well as where the neck joins the body and along the fingerboard on the top.

BTW, that's a real pretty guitar and those a real "45" appointments.

• Members

It looks to me to be a custom job but I don't think it's counterfeit. It was probably made by Martin for a special run with the cutaway, onboard electronics and abalone. It's not even a "41" in the sense that there's no pearl around the fingerboard tongue.

• Members

Yeah, I called Martin and they have record of it. Because they noted on the top of their paperwork that it started out as a 00045 this guy thinks that's what it is. It started out as a 00028 and they added the abalone and the Adirondack top but that's it. What I'm afraid of is that the guy will sell it to an unknowing buyer thinking they will be getting a 00045.

Archived