help me identify this harmony guitar?

oldthings

• Members

I looked through the data base and couldn't nail it down. I found some that looked similar but not exactly. Either different cut outs on the body or different looking neck. The back looks worse than the front. Several splits run the full length of the body. I was gonna do i full resto job on it but I would like to know exactly what is. So that I don't ruin something of importance.

• Members

The little bit that I know about Harmony guitars I always felt that they were US made - they built guitars under that name as well as others, many were sold in big box stores (at that time) like Sears. I was not aware that any were manufactured in Japan - however its possible that they did outsource some. There are a number of Harmony references (including the one that I linked to you) - if it were me I would be sending inquiries to all of them.

As far as working on it - you can't hurt it and I don't think it was particularly valuable in the first place - I'd say go for it. Be sure to post some pictures of the "full resto job" - I'll be interested to see what you do.

Oh, and before I forget my manners, welcome to HCAG (no connection to the Harmony in your Harmony)

• Members

Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to get started on the thing. Monetary value never was the issue. I prefer history over dollars. I'll be sure to post some pics of the job. Thanks for taking the time to respond and the warm welcome.

Archived