Posting from the UK

garthman

• Members

This is a general moan. A few months ago it became impossible to enter text into the HCAG posting facility. You can get into HC OK and the site recognizes you - everything seems normal except when you try to enter text - nothing happens. I've tried using different comuters, different routers, etc etc - same thing. The only time you can do it is in the "Comment" box.

I've managed to get in by loading Ubuntu (linux-based OS) onto my works computer and that seems to work OK - it's what I'm doing now - but it's a pain not being able to do it from other computers - and I suspect other UK forumites have the same problem (seen anyone for the UK lately?).

I've sent messages to Admin and Tech people but no reply.

Come on folks! Pull the fingers out and do something.

PS VOM weekend coming up (maybe :idk:)

• Members

Howard: Thanks for your feedback. This is a priority on our hot list of fixes. It is not just isolated to the UK, but many European countries, much of South America, and Australia. We are working to determine why it is happening and correct it.

Please be patient.

Thanks

D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Same here in Eire.

No Text, no nuttin, most of the times not even comments. On Win 8.1 it seems to be independent of the browser. I have different locales on my computers, English US, English UK, English Eire and German and it's not working at all.

Sometimes wild browser switching gives you the option to enter text, as in start Firefox, Chrome and IE and open and close the page in question several times. Sometimes then you hit the sweet spot and you can enter text. Mostly with IE.

Another reason, why I could not be bothered to log in more often. You don't want me to participate. Fair enough. Message understood....

• Members

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my home laptop and, like you, cannot enter general text with either Chrome or IE. I can enter text in the comment box - but that's all.

I've also tried my old laptop with Windows XP - same result. I have Ubuntu OS running in tandem to XP on the old laptop and that doesn't work either.

I have XP on my work's PC - no go. But I also have Ubuntu in tandem on that machine and that does work. Hurrah!

Now, HC tech folk, for some reason when using Ubuntu on the work's PC the browser (Firefox) address bar does not show the address - there is a black bar in place of the usual http:// www. ectectect stuff. Don't know why. Is that a clue or is it just a fluke?

PS. No go with my tablet running Android either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well. I must say it's nice to be able to post once more - without resorting to devious methods. Well done for sorting it out.

Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

Replies strictly in everyday English, please smiley-happy.png' alt='16x16_smiley-happy.png.a1cb19ed0a13aa15d5339265141016d6.png' alt='smiley-happy'>.png'>

• Members

just for the record, i sit in austria, i'm useing firefox on several windows boxs from XP to windows 7 and i only had once troubles to post here in the past two years or so

the fix was to delete all browser cache, or at least the cookies which HC sets to remember your session and login. after that a new login and everything was fine again.

i only needed to do it once.. as i "forgot" my password i needed a password reset and needed to relogin on all other computers anyway so the problem if it had existed there was also gone

Archived