Garrison Guitar

pk1fan

• Members

Sweet looking guitar. Did you buy it new or is it a recent purchase? BTW, how is it holding up? Garrisons were prone to developing structural issues because the fibreglass bracing didn't expand and contract with the rest of the guitar. When Gibson bought Garrison half a dozen years ago, they voided all the warranties.

• Members

I was working at music store and we were Garrison dealers .Right before the Gibson buy out Garrison had a big sale on the guitars that were soon to be without warranty . Mine is the last year they made Garrison branded guitars and they had started useing wood braceing on all sides but the top on their North American made guitars so they were actually braced the same as their import Garrisons. You can't see the fiberglass unless you look inside the guitar . So I did buy it new at low price and no problems so far. I do like the grain in the wood and it has birch binding and the Buzz Feiten tuning system which I really like , most in tune acoustic or electric I have .Thank's for the compliment !

• Members

looks like a very nice guitar - like the sapelle-

I played an earlier model years ago that really didnt impress me that much -

might of just been a psychological thing about the plastic bracing -

but yours looks really nice- wood bracing you say -

• Members

I had an all sapelle guitar once. I tried to like it. Bought it sight unseen, despite telling myself I'd never do such a loony thing, and had it a couple months before letting it go. Martin 000-17S. Coulda been mahogany. Still, too muddy sounding.

• Members

Hmm .. The Martin might have gotten better with more playing time ,ymmv . I sold a few Martins when I was employed but never ponyed up to get one . I sure played some I wanted to take home , D-41's ,HD-28's ,D-18V ,00018EC .

• Members

That's a good looking guitar indeed! Congrats!

Some years ago I wanted a trans green guitar and the one that kept popping up on my radar was a Garrison. I could not find one available in the states, so I've never played one personally, but the reviews were favorable.

I still hope to own a trans green guitar one day. ;)

Archived