Playing Journey

Idunno

• Members

For lack of a better way of asking...

Where are you on it? In another thread asking how we play, I felt compelled to ask this question. I suppose there's a goal I should reference here to get some kind of end-game measure in plain view. But, we're all different.

I'm coasting by writing, playing some covers and attempting to find musical self-relevance.

• Members

I'm nowhere where I need to be, but I can't exactly have a guitar laying around to practice whenever I have a free moment. Hell, I don't even have a free moment since I have two kiddos who need eyeballs on them at all times. The cracks in my Larrivee and Martin are testimonies to this. Still, today I swung by the local Starbucks in the grocery megamart and there were two guys playing and singing on their acoustic guitars. I'd seen it before and asked the girls behind the coffee counter what the deal was. They told me that the gig is for 3 hours and pays $300. Not a bad gig to play while people thump on the produce nearby. It's certainly something I'd shoot for.

In the meantime, I still have that tinkering bug. It kinda gets in the way.

9D7D3527-FCD0-46CD-A3D3-570885E3DFB2_zpsrrpvbeft.jpg

• Members
For lack of a better way of asking...

Where are you on it? In another thread asking how we play, I felt compelled to ask this question. I suppose there's a goal I should reference here to get some kind of end-game measure in plain view. But, we're all different.

I'm coasting by writing, playing some covers and attempting to find musical self-relevance.

Call me Hoyt. Hoyt Guthrie.

Nothing to add, just that folks should maybe put those------- things above their quotes, because it looks like a run on sentence that makes no sense, like most sigs anyway, but just offering some advice that wasn't asked for, and was probably an intrusion..

Ok, add. I'm an amateur going nowhere but my living room, just where I expected given the talent.

• Members

I'm pretty much where I want to be musically with guitar, bass, and vocals. I've invested a lot of time over the last 40 years, so the styles that I know well are really easy. I still have challenges though, like I can't do Tommy E fingerstyle or Satriani fast legato. Rather than tackling those I just concentrate on new songs and performing when I can.

• Members
I never play any Journey....hate that band.

" And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning !" that was what I thought the thread was about .

Where am I ? I hope to have some music ready for the next VoMit and my fingerstyle playing is finally getting easier and even my acoustic slide playing is getting smoother . I am happy to be playing any 6 string that comes along I guess .

Archived