The Rants Forum Is Gone

FretFiend.

• Members

Idunno, your rant must have worked.

The rants forum has vanished... poof... threads and all.

Could it be that someone in admin actually listened to the rants? Or was it just an embarrassment to the new forum management?

BTW, this is not a rant.

• Members

It was actually jamesp who requested its removal. I countered his request to leave it as a monument to (some of) the stupidity this forum has suffered outside its membership's own making. jamesp has a much more influential persona.

• Members

Thanks guys, but credit goes to the mods on this one. Dendy covered the whys in the Feedback forum.

It was a cluster - I pulled it down. Not a good strategy and put in place after the current team was let go. Now that we are back, if you want to rant, shoot any of us a PM and I'll rant right along with you! :)

Don't tempt me Dendy! ;-)

• Members

The rants forum was created by a certain forum administrator/dictator known as "vbadmin" AKA "admos", a guy with a personality similar to a stopped up toilet. Any thread he deemed to be a "rant" wound up there, predominantly any criticism of forum administration. Since most of the threads there were precipitated by vbadmin/admos, and since vbadmin/admos is evidently gone, the threads there mostly became irrelevant. Good riddance to the mess.

Kudos to Dendy for this! HairPhil.gifphil-thumbs-up-small.gif

Archived